DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cant get 5.8GHZ, only 2.8GHZ

theakshayverma

Reactions
Im pretty new and just bought my drone a few days ago, I live in Toronto and noticed that I only had 8 channels(2-10) and couldn't access 5.8. I am really new and not sure what to do

Attachments

• IMG_3385 2.PNG
    IMG_3385 2.PNG
    823.3 KB · Views: 85
Select Manual, select 5.8, sorted
I think you missed the point, even in manual, it literally just isn't there, it doesnt exist, in the picture I showed all the options, swiping left or right does absolutely nothing because the option doesn't exist.

There’s a video attached to a thread initiated by Kierchaps in the MA Help area that explains exactly how to change to 5.8GHZ. It’s very well done and easy to understand. Good luck.

There’s a video attached to a thread initiated by Kierchaps in the MA Help area that explains exactly how to change to 5.8GHZ. It’s very well done and easy to understand. Good luck.

That doesn’t help. Channels beyond the 2.4 range are not visible.

Got it. I just checked my WiFi settings and you’re correct, the 5.8GHZ range is visible without using the CUSTOM button. Sorry for any confusion.

General consensus seems to be that only Android devices can “Unlock” the Air to use channels beyond 10. Disappointing. I don’t have an Android device.

General consensus seems to be that only Android devices can “Unlock” the Air to use channels beyond 10. Disappointing. I don’t have an Android device.

Surge, I’ve only used iOS devices with mine. An iPhone X and an iPad 2. Not sure why mine’s unlocked then. Luck of the draw?

Not true. I use both an iPhone X & an iPad & they both switch between 2.4 & 5.8 - either when in auto or if I select via manual

I only had IOS devices and it didn't show up even though I'm in Canada but I managed to get a hold of a friends android tablet and did the "fcc hack" and that opened up all the channels and now it shows up on my iphone. I know that there is apparently a way to do the fcc switch on just IOS devices but that didn't work for me but with an android device it worked in seconds, the whole process took less than 5 minutes. I would recommend borrowing a friends or getting an old cheap android device because the range especially in urban areas that you get is insane, I went from losing signal at 50m to basically being able to hit 100m(could go higher but it was illegal) and able to visit other neighborhoods, it's amazing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair