DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cant lower ALT, sporadic landing

RCKable

Reactions
Anyone have this happen, if so what did you do to fix it?
This has happened a couple times in the past but, it seems to be happening more and more. My mavic while I am flying and trying to lower my altitude will just not respond to the stick being pulled to the bottom. of the RC, it will actually start to rise slowly. Then I will hear "Landing" and he starts to come down wherever he is. I cant push the red "X" on the tablet to cancel it, But if I push up on the left stick it will cancel the landing, but then slowly starts to climb again. I end up having to hit the RTH button and when it gets there it will hover about 30' for about 30 seconds then VERY slowly come down. If I lift off everything works fine again for a little while. I uploaded one of my flight logs to a DJI person and they are telling me that its because I am tapping the Land button in the app, which I am not. I asked them do you need a video of me not touching my tablet to believe me? There has been no response from them yet.

Do you remember if you had obstacle avoidance on or disabled. There are lots of variables that can happen when this is active or not. Sometimes it is worth a try to disable OB and see how the copter behaves in a particular area.

Anyone have this happen, if so what did you do to fix it?
This has happened a couple times in the past but, it seems to be happening more and more. My mavic while I am flying and trying to lower my altitude will just not respond to the stick being pulled to the bottom. of the RC, it will actually start to rise slowly. Then I will hear "Landing" and he starts to come down wherever he is. I cant push the red "X" on the tablet to cancel it, But if I push up on the left stick it will cancel the landing, but then slowly starts to climb again. I end up having to hit the RTH button and when it gets there it will hover about 30' for about 30 seconds then VERY slowly come down. If I lift off everything works fine again for a little while. I uploaded one of my flight logs to a DJI person and they are telling me that its because I am tapping the Land button in the app, which I am not. I asked them do you need a video of me not touching my tablet to believe me? There has been no response from them yet.

This happened to me yesterday that led to a crash! It was the weirdest thing I have seen with any of my DJI products.

This happened to me yesterday that led to a crash! It was the weirdest thing I have seen with any of my DJI products.

I agree with not tapping landing app. I actually tried to tap to stop from landing and it would not respond.

Do you remember if you had obstacle avoidance on or disabled.
I have all of it turned on, when this happens it automatically turns if off, which is because its in landing mode. I guess you can say everything is still factory set other then RTH Max Alt, Max Distance, and camera settings. I was wondering if maybe some how the sticks are becoming uncalibrated, but that doesn't make sense to me either.

Im sorry it led to a crash, hopefully not to much damage was done. It makes no sense to me, I was thinking wireless interference but I was able to go up/left/right/backwards/forward but not come down.

I agree with not tapping landing app. I actually tried to tap to stop from landing and it would not respond.
Yep, only thing that I could do was push up on left stick to cancel it, but then I go even higher.

I have all of it turned on, when this happens it automatically turns if off, which is because its in landing mode. I guess you can say everything is still factory set other then RTH Max Alt, Max Distance, and camera settings. I was wondering if maybe some how the sticks are becoming uncalibrated, but that doesn't make sense to me either.

Im sorry it led to a crash, hopefully not to much damage was done. It makes no sense to me, I was thinking wireless interference but I was able to go up/left/right/backwards/forward but not come down.

Yep, only thing that I could do was push up on left stick to cancel it, but then I go even higher.

I would not fly it. Call DJI. You don't want to have what happen to me to your Mavic. I already sent mine in today. They emailed a UPS shipping label. Seriously I have 3 DJI quads and never has this happened before.

Try disabling Landing Protection. That stupid "automated landing" is what does lots of weird stuff and sometimes causes it either to want to land at the wrong moment or not want to land when you want it to.

Try disabling Landing Protection. That stupid "automated landing" is what does lots of weird stuff and sometimes causes it either to want to land at the wrong moment or not want to land when you want it to.
I will try that next time I fly. Nothing but rain here right now. Thanks for the tips, I hope that works for me.

So tonight I have had the pleasure of messaging with a DJI rep, who has told me, I should keep the drone in LOS, the app is saying I am telling it to land, I need to remove the stickers from the sensors, I need to calibrate my IMU/Compass in an area that doesn't have magnetic or RF interference, I should also use the DJI assistant to calibrate the sensors. A return can be done but I will have to pay for shipping to and from due to the flight logs not showing an error.
Here is a link to the flight log...how do they not see it keeps dropping GPS? I am tapping RTH but thats so I can get it closer to me.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

So tonight I have had the pleasure of messaging with a DJI rep, who has told me, I should keep the drone in LOS, the app is saying I am telling it to land, I need to remove the stickers from the sensors, I need to calibrate my IMU/Compass in an area that doesn't have magnetic or RF interference, I should also use the DJI assistant to calibrate the sensors. A return can be done but I will have to pay for shipping to and from due to the flight logs not showing an error.
Here is a link to the flight log...how do they not see it keeps dropping GPS? I am tapping RTH but thats so I can get it closer to me.
Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I would have to do the $6.99 plan to upload my flight data to see what happened to my Mavic?

I flew today to take ariel pictures of my brothers new house, had no issues, not once did it try to land and at one time I went to max alt and was able to bring it down. I'm hoping that doing the vision calibration, RC calibration, and the compass calibration was the fix. Just to add, I flew with obstacle avoidance on and off without any issues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan