DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A1CMavic

Reactions
New to the Mavic community; I’m heading to Chicago in a couple of weeks and wanted to get some night footage of the Chicago skyline/ Lake Shore Drive. As a novice with the Mavic Pro, I was wondering if any experienced pilots have gotten some good skyline shots, and if so what settings did you use and/or recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Depends on the light level. If these will be night shots you will need to do Long Exposure shots to capture all of the avaialbe light. If they will be sunset shots then by all means do an AEB capture with 3 or 5 frames captured and then combine them with a program like Aurora

It’s going to be a late at night shot around 11pm. Ideally, I’d like to pan across the skyline, and get some shots of the expressway. Any recommendations for the iso, sharpness, smoothing, etc?

You want the front LEDs off when you're shooting. You can turn them off manually in DJI GO 4 (there's a setting for on/off and you can assign that to a controller button).

There's also a setting called "Front LEDs Auto Turn Off" in the Camera Settings menu, which will turn the LEDs off for recording / shots.

Also, if it's a Mavic 2, there's a shooting mode called Hyperlight that's made for this exact scenario (I haven't used this mode yet, but I've seen examples, and it's pretty cool -- though doesn't produce DNGs).

Chris

New to the Mavic community; I’m heading to Chicago in a couple of weeks and wanted to get some night footage of the Chicago skyline/ Lake Shore Drive. As a novice with the Mavic Pro, I was wondering if any experienced pilots have gotten some good skyline shots, and if so what settings did you use and/or recommend?

Thanks in advance!
My night time settings are 4K 24fps 1/25 ISO 800 D-cinelike -2 sharpeness -1 contrast +1 saturation

Reactions: hactick
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS