DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

closest place to fly from SilverSprings MD?

Boatyboatboat

Reactions
Hello all!
I just purchased and received my mini! I'm going to be in Silver Springs MD and would like to find a place to fly my new drone (previous spark owner) to get familiar with the flight characteristics. I don't care about sights, or location, I have the FAA certification as well as an ATP so I can't violate any rules (not losing my job for this.) where is the closest place I can fly outside the restricted airspace where I can gain some experience? Again, I don't care about the area I am flying in, it can be a trash dump for all I care. I just want a safe place where federal and LOCAL laws allow it, all I want to do is gain experience not take amazing photos atm. Preferably within 30 minutes of Silver Spring.

I usually use drones when hiking and hunting in Texas and OK. However, I have a three-day layover coming up and nothing planned so this is the perfect time to practice.

Any help would be appreciated! Again I am not willing to violate any rules.

Additional info: Layover hotel is near DCA but I will be spending the time with family in Silver Springs. I doubt there is any legit space within 30 minutes of DCA but still open to all suggestions. Thanks!

As a former resident I am required to point out that it is Silver Spring, MD (singular)

That being said, if you went upcounty, towards Rockville, Gaithersburg, Germantown you will find plenty of safe spots.

Reactions: Thmoore
Actually I may go even if she can’t make it that place looks amazing.

Any other places to fly and practice? Really just name me a park that I can go to where it’s legal and people don’t care.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan