DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

JoostGT3

Reactions
So, the other day was a perfect spring day, and I found the perfect spot to fly; for the first time, I took the time to set the video properties with post-processing in mind; put the whitebalance to "Sunny" and the profile to D-Cinelike.

But then when I arrived home, I learnt that apparently it is not possible to do colorgrading with LUTs in Adobe Premiere Elements (My video editing software).

Is it correct that this is not possible, or is it possible but hidden in the software somewhere?

If it is not possible in premiere elements, is it worth shooting in D-cinelike or D-log? I did find some color correction options and running the "auto" function for it yielded some pretty ok results, but not sure if they were better than what the would have been if I hadn't run in a flat profile...

On a sidenote, I always find that here is a lot of "over-sharpness" in my footage when it comes right from the memory card. This over-sharpness shows almost like noise, like there are minute sandgrains or pixels in the footage that are just a bit off... Does anybody else experience this, and if so, how can I avoid it?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Cheers Joost

Actually no idea but I see you also use Adobe premiere Elements 2018?
Maybe you can help me with an issue.

Which settings do I use to get a nice qualty video after rendering because now output video is worse then Original 4k video or even HD
(I render to HD (1920x1080)

I record in 4k, then create low resolution proxies of all the clips.
Then I edit the whole movie, and just before exporting, I replace the proxies with the original clips.
Then I export using these settings:
Settings.JPG

Thanks,

Just find out (after day of trial and error) which settings i need to use (project settings and render settings (custom)). Quality looks better now

Reactions: JoostGT3
Thanks,

Just find out (after day of trial and error) which settings i need to use (project settings and render settings (custom)). Quality looks better now
Happy to hear that mate! Thumbswayup

But then when I arrived home, I learnt that apparently it is not possible to do colorgrading with LUTs in Adobe Premiere Elements (My video editing software).

Is it correct that this is not possible, or is it possible but hidden in the software somewhere?

If it is not possible in premiere elements, is it worth shooting in D-cinelike or D-log? I did find some color correction options and running the "auto" function for it yielded some pretty ok results, but not sure if they were better than what the would have been if I hadn't run in a flat profile...
Check answer number 7 on here. I am going to try it myself, but have not yet done so.

Can you add LUTS to Premiere Elements? If so, how? | Adobe Community

Reactions: JoostGT3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98