DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

* COLORADO FROM ABOVE *

pvfreitas

Reactions
Hi guys, first post here. I'm a landscape photographer that wanted to experiment with video, so I took my Mavic 2 Pro to the mountains in Colorado and had some fun filming and playing with hyperlapses.

Everything was filmed in 4K HQ D-log, downsized to 1080, edited and color graded in Premiere Pro. The hyperlapses were created using the raw images and edited in Photoshop.

What do you guys think about my first video? Any constructive feedback is always welcome!

Don't know why this post has no comments yet because this is pretty cool!

Loved the music and your edit, so intense!

I'm having some issues with stabilization on my hyperlapses. How did you manage that?

Reactions: Point Zero
Hi guys, first post here. I'm a landscape photographer that wanted to experiment with video, so I took my Mavic 2 Pro to the mountains in Colorado and had some fun filming and playing with hyperlapses.

Everything was filmed in 4K HQ D-log, downsized to 1080, edited and color graded in Premiere Pro. The hyperlapses were created using the raw images and edited in Photoshop.

What do you guys think about my first video? Any constructive feedback is always welcome!

Great shot of St Vrain Ave and Lake Estes (Estes Park). In general - beautiful filming. I love these views of CO. This is just my opinion, but the music doesn’t seem to match the mood of the video. Seems a little dark”ish”. The intro with birds chirping is great. I realize you’ve gone with natural as well as urban views so it may be hard to fit those into a single “mood”. Great video overall - thanks for sharing!

GREAT CLIP!
Where in Colorado were you?.......I am going to the Boulder area in June.......any suggestions as to where I can get come good clips? Are there any water falls aroudn there?

Thank you for all the feedback, guys! :D

Don't know why this post has no comments yet because this is pretty cool!

Loved the music and your edit, so intense!

I'm having some issues with stabilization on my hyperlapses. How did you manage that?

For these I used warp stabilizer, but I don't quite like it. I have been working on some other timelapses and now I'm using After effects to stabilize it and I'm much happier! Thumbswayup

Great stuff! Especially liked the hyperlapses and the reveal shot of the lake behind the hill at the beginning. Thumbswayup

Thanks! It took me two days to find a place like that. I was driving in the mountains and kept an eye in the surroundings, trying to find a place with a small hill in the foreground, a lake behind it and a mountain in the background. So glad I was able to find it!

GREAT CLIP!
Where in Colorado were you?.......I am going to the Boulder area in June.......any suggestions as to where I can get come good clips? Are there any water falls aroudn there?
Boulder is beautiful! You should definitely check the Flatirons, super cool shots around there. The whole mountain area is so beautiful that you'd have to work hard to not get good shots :D
I don't remember seeing any waterfall

Great shot of St Vrain Ave and Lake Estes (Estes Park). In general - beautiful filming. I love these views of CO. This is just my opinion, but the music doesn’t seem to match the mood of the video. Seems a little dark”ish”. The intro with birds chirping is great. I realize you’ve gone with natural as well as urban views so it may be hard to fit those into a single “mood”. Great video overall - thanks for sharing!
Thanks for your comment!
Yeah I wasn't sure as well about the mood of the music, but I really wanted to try this kind of "dramatic" edit so I proceeded with that anyway

Great job on all those shots and the edit dude!

I'd love to see what your new hyperlapses with After Effects are like, hope you share some when they are done
Pz

It worked for me, great edit job and music was perfectly matched to the mood you composed.

LOVE THIS! The the contrast between the dramatic music and the beautiful landscape creates a fantastic creative tension. I could see this being the intro to a thriller movie where the focal character is driving the car we see winding through the mountain.

LOVE THIS! The the contrast between the dramatic music and the beautiful landscape creates a fantastic creative tension. I could see this being the intro to a thriller movie where the focal character is driving the car we see winding through the mountain.

Awesome!
Thanks man!

Great Video, I like it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi