DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Confusion concerning remotes for mavic 2pro and air2s

StevenJ

Reactions
I am confused concerning the difference of remotes. I have a mavic 2 pro. I am interested in purchasing the air2s. I do not not like to use my phone for flying so I am interested in the two remotes being discussed here. Which one is the best?

Will my controller on the Mavic 2 pro work on the air2s? They look alike.

Which controller comes with the Air2s or which should i buy with the Air2s?

How do I tell the difference between the smart controller and the RC Pro controller?

Thanks in advance

Steve

@StevenJ the controllers are not compatible and use different Apps
if you dont want to use a phone or other separate screen device to fly your drone then you will need to get the RC pro controller, also the smart controller is being phased out
the biggest difference between the Smart controller and the RC pro apart from the price
is the placement of the antennas ,on the top for the RC pro, and at the back for the smart controller so its easy to visually tell them apart

I am confused concerning the difference of remotes. I have a mavic 2 pro. I am interested in purchasing the air2s. I do not not like to use my phone for flying so I am interested in the two remotes being discussed here. Which one is the best?

Will my controller on the Mavic 2 pro work on the air2s? They look alike.

Which controller comes with the Air2s or which should i buy with the Air2s?

How do I tell the difference between the smart controller and the RC Pro controller?

Thanks in advance

Steve
I have the mavic 2 pro and the air2s and us the SC controller for both.

I have been using the original SC with my Mavic 2 Pro for 2 years now and it is great. The bad thing is they are phasing this out. However, the good thing is they still work great, can be used with both the M2Pro and the Air2S drones and you can now pick up a pre-owned SC for around $500 give or take a few dollars. Yes, the new SC Pro is better but at double the price of a used original SC, I feel you'll have just as much enjoyment and be able to use it with both drones and save a ton of money doing it, if you buy the old SC. I suppose it depends on what your budget is and if you only want to use the new SC Pro on just one of the drones you have or will have (Air2S).

The bad thing about the original SC is you can't put third party software like drone deploy etc. on them, and the screen is too small, although very bright and good resolution.
I am waiting to see if the new SC Pro is going to be an open system, hope so. But I highly recommend the Tripltek. bigger screen, high brightness, more powerful processor, open system, and less money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d