DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Connecting a Controller to Eachine Goggles

Rad85

Reactions
Hi All

Can someone please tell me if you can use the USB port in the mavic platinum controller to get an output to FPV googles.
I have Eachine one goggles. It has a mini hdmi port for input, so thinking of getting a USB to hdmi adapter to connect them together.
Thanks in Advance

It's the DJI Go4 app that converts the telemetry and video feed from the RC and displays it on the phone/tablet screen.
How were you planning on do that directly with FPV googles, I don't think the software would be compatible?

You would have to get the video feed from a phone/tablet running DJI go4 and connect it to the goggles.
The tablet/ phone would need a separate HDMI output port as it would still need to connect to the RC.

It's all starting to get a bit messy, why don't you try Litchi VR mode, which just requires a headset holder to hold your phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rad85
It's the DJI Go4 app that converts the telemetry and video feed from the RC and displays it on the phone/tablet screen.
How were you planning on do that directly with FPV googles, I don't think the software would be compatible?

You would have to get the video feed from a phone/tablet running DJI go4 and connect it to the goggles.
The tablet/ phone would need a separate HDMI output port as it would still need to connect to the RC.

It's all starting to get a bit messy, why don't you try Litchi VR mode, which just requires a headset holder to hold your phone.

Thanks for the detailed response.
I have used the goggles before with my phantom advanced controller. I remember connecting a cable from the out of the transmitter

i have used the same goggles before with my Phantom advanced transmitter. I remember connecting a cable out of the controller to a mini HDMI adaptor which goes into the goggles. this used to work fine.

Th reason why i don't want to use Litchi is that I want someone else to be able to use the googles while I am flying the drone. so multiple output at the same time if possible. Thanks again :)

I have used the goggles before with my phantom advanced controller. I remember connecting a cable from the out of the transmitter

i have used the same goggles before with my Phantom advanced transmitter. I remember connecting a cable out of the controller to a mini HDMI adaptor which goes into the goggles. this used to work fine.

Th reason why i don't want to use Litchi is that I want someone else to be able to use the googles while I am flying the drone. so multiple output at the same time if possible. Thanks again :)

The phantom has a hdmi output module, which is the same sort of thing your device will need to get the data from the MPP RC

The phantom has a hdmi output module, which is the same sort of thing your device will need to get the data from the MPP RC

Thanks again,

I guess the only option is to try use a compatible tablet that has an HDMI output!

Thanks again,

I guess the only option is to try use a compatible tablet that has an HDMI output!

If you had a second phone and head unit , you could wirelessly cast from your controlling device to the second phone in the headset
In the field you would need a wireless network set up and there would be some latency but it does work as I have tried it with an ipad mini 4 and my Epson BT-300 glasses casting DJI Fly between them.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure