DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Costa Rica Rules and Regulations

I live there. I manage the El Avión restaurant and live at the Hotel Costa Verde. Please look me up! The name is Ken
I remember getting magnificently drunk at the pool at the Costa Verde, and continuing the party down at the plane. Haven't been to Maqbeach since '09! That was probably the last time I partied like that as well LOL. Fishing at 6am the next morning was NOT fun.
I was back at my place in Playa Flamingo last week, filming some shots of our Thanksgiving dinner setup by the beach with my P4P, when a Mavic flew in and made me stop very quickly (he ruined my shot). Never saw where he was flying from.

I live in Costa Rica and am flying back there tomorrow with a brand new Mavic Pro. I am a complete rookie so will be needing LOTS. Of help!! I work in tourism so would live to help folks coming here ...I live in Manuel Antonio...with any issues in exchange for drone flying tips! Lol

Hows the flying man? No issues? Cant wait to go there

Hi guys in a few days i cross border to Costa rica from Nicaragua by bis. Was there any search of backpack? I heard from guy entering to nicaragua that they asked him about the drone. I hope leaving will be OK. And as I read here I can fly in Costa Rica just away from people to dont bring attention to me, am I correct?

I'm not getting too many hits over at the sUAV R&Rs thread so I thought I'd drop this here in case anyone wanted to share their experiences...

I'm traveling to Costa Rica at the end of the month and I've done some research into the rules and regulations I may encounter during my trip. I've already gotten some lipo bags for my batteries (for the flight) but my bigger concern is the recreational sUAV laws of the country.

I've read around and I am getting some confusing reports regarding recreational users being required to have a $94 drone license from the DGAC (FAA equivalent). While none are arguing the law, some are saying it's not yet in place.

So my question is, has anyone traveled to Costa Rica in the past 6 months and if so, what has been your experience? Any stories about your airline travel, in-country issues, etc. will be appreciated!
I live here and just returned last week with a Mavic Pro...no questions what so ever

I live here and just returned last week with a Mavic Pro...no questions what so ever
Hi Costa Rica Guy!

I will be visiting your beautiful country at the end of January. I haven't gone through this whole thread but I'm still not clear on if I have to register my drone or need a license to fly as a hobbyist. Any information would be appreciated!

Hi Costa Rica Guy!

I will be visiting your beautiful country at the end of January. I haven't gone through this whole thread but I'm still not clear on if I have to register my drone or need a license to fly as a hobbyist. Any information would be appreciated!

You dont need to register or get a license for recreational flying

Reactions: Akoztha and FLYBOYJ
Hi Costa Rica Guy!

Hola Amigo. No license or permit required. I live in Manuel Antonio...where will you be?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic