DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Costa Rica Rules and Regulations

Thx for your Reply. Still I’m confused. The email attachment I read on page number 3 on this threat is from 2015. Since there was an big change in August 2017 i understood, that even for personal use I will have to get all this bulls..t done. So you are saying, that there won’t any problem at the airport to bring my bird into cr? That would be just great.

You won´t have any issues at all. Also, the licensing stuff is just for commercial use. You don´t need to get a license or special permissions for personal or recreational use. I live here and I use to fly almost every weekend in different places following international regulations as we all know about. I have been in the US for a couple times in the last couple of months and I took the Mavic and Spark with me and never had a problem at all. The only situation I had was leaving the US with my Nanuk hard case.... Dogs wanted to smell a little more but nothing happened.

I live in Costa Rica. In Manuel Antonio, right next to the most visited National Park in the country and by the beach. I bought a Mavic Pro in November and brought it back with me and had absolutely less than zero problem coming through customs. Even had a discussion with the agent about how cool the drone was. I have since logged 80+ flights all over the country AND have been visited by TWO guys who frequent these pages who ALSO brought their drones with no problem. Even had a great day of flying with one of them. Bring your drone and enjoy it!!

9217f8031878119c68c6a3099aab1a1c.jpg

Just came back from Costa Rica. The country is amazing! No issues with drone. This is a picture of playa gemelas in manuel antonio. Time to edit some videos that i took [emoji1]

Reactions: Akoztha
f1e52f2d56369bef6614ca6ce9264ef8.jpg

Its nice to put a face to the name! @Costa Rica Guy (left) make sure to eat el avion restaurant. Awesome view and great food! Look for ken hahaha thanks for your time ken. Learned some stuff from you

A really great time! Learned a LOT from you and took my game to a whole new level in the long flight confidence department! Pura vida.

Hello everyone!

Im heading to Costa Rica in April with my Mavic Pro. Ive already successfully registered my drone with DGAC thanks to multiples threads in the website. Now my question is... which places are "no fly zones" besides the usual airports, military buildings, over people, etc... Like im going to El Arenal, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio and Poas Volcano. any issues flying there?

Reactions: Chadnovz
Hello everyone!

Im heading to Costa Rica in April with my Mavic Pro. Ive already successfully registered my drone with DGAC thanks to multiples threads in the website. Now my question is... which places are "no fly zones" besides the usual airports, military buildings, over people, etc... Like im going to El Arenal, Monteverde, Manuel Antonio and Poas Volcano. any issues flying there?

None in any of those places. There are really ONLY 3.....the airports, the prison and the Presidential residence. I live here and you can fly enjoy almost everywhere

Hello everyone!

I was able to fly in manuel antonio. Volcanos i think is a no. You can always ask. But they’re pretty laid back when it comes to drone flying

Hello everyone!

Dont forget to visit el avion in manuel antonio

Fly fly fly!! For all those wondering how's customs regarding your birds.... I just came from Florida with a Phantom 3, and 2 Mavic Pro's.
Like the other guy mentioned; I ended up explaining how the drones work.... they were fascinated.
Down here I fly all over the country, and like everywhere else, just use common sense as a copilot.

Reactions: Costa Rica Guy
Chad is there a translated copy of that letter available? I leave at the end of the month and am very anxious to fly in CR.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_