DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could this be sensor problems?

And it's entirely irrelevant.

He obviously mentioned sensors as a question because he didn't know what he was looking at, and expecting to be corrected...

Reactions: Keatek
Wow I am really surprised that no one ask for flight files.

It's probably to late but at least suggest to grab them next time.
With a little more info, then everyone would have more to speculate with.

Just my two cents and you can correct me if you want, I'm use to it.

Thank you so much for your replies. Sorry for being late in getting back and also I didn't realise how much debate this would cause

The battery was fitted to the aircraft in the house, so when flying the first time it would only have been 'cold', I doubt moisture would have got into it. Reasons, case waterproof and sealed well and it was a cold crisp day. Yes, condensation could build up as the flight happened.

The sun was very bright, however, I was flying across it rather than into it. I defo think the snow could have made a difference. This was my first time flying in snow with this model. Although the fact the second battery (and flight) didn't cause any problems seems a bit odd.

I will go fly again tomorrow and report back. The snow has gone, so if that's been the problem I will know.

@Keatek just out of interest was the sun out at the time ,because the bright sun can fool the forwards sensors into thinking there is an obstacle in front of the drone also the sun reflecting off the white snow can have a similar effect
thats very possible but i,ve never had stall completely if it is avoidance the pro tends to try to get over or around , into the bright sun 2mph, no waring about stick just obstacle warnings cured by turning avoidance off and turning around

The Battery can become Compromised by flying in the Snow depending on how wet the snow was. Did you notice if the battery was flashing on the top or if it did not turn off right away.

Those intelligent batteries have a lot of functions over your drone and because the Power Button is very susceptible to moisture can affect the battery which affects the drone.

If the Battery is compromised your likely to experience more problems when using that battery.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 2 in the Rain and the Snow.
It was a clear day, despite snow being on the ground. I will go fly again tomorrow if the weather holds and let you know what (If anything) happens. I will also re use the same batteries, just in case!!

It was a clear day, despite snow being on the ground. I will go fly again tomorrow if the weather holds and let you know what (If anything) happens. I will also re use the same batteries, just in case!!
Thank you, for getting back to me, Hope all goes well for you.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

This is the screen message that comes up when OA brings the drone to a stop.

Perhaps you have, but it sounds very, very unlikely because it is an OA message and has nothing at all to do with the battery.
Sky-high. How did you come up with that handle? I like it. Captain Robert D High.

thats very possible but i,ve never had stall completely if it is avoidance the pro tends to try to get over or around , into the bright sun 2mph, no waring about stick just obstacle warnings cured by turning avoidance off and turning around
It depends on the flight and obstacle conditions. Default mode of OA is stop. You can turn on APAS which will then have the M2 try to go around. In RTH it will try to go over, which is convenient when RTH was caused by failsafe and 60 second retrace doesn't regain signal.

Reactions: Kilrah
I was out with my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday which was cold crisp with snow on the ground. Fog bank slowly approaching.
I flew my normal 'Training' circuits over a field with a gentle hill. I flew the drone up to about 20 metres and when flying in a straight line the drone 'stopped dead'. The handset (Smart Controller) stated that in order to continue, the joysticks needed centred. Did this and it flew fine.
This happened on multiple occasions, then changed battery and all was well. On my third change of battery the fault/error came back again. Albeit just the once.

Any thoughts?? Sensors being upset by something? condensation or something more sinister? Its pouring down or I would go and give it another go today.

Thanks in advance folks!!
Has happened to me several times., drone just stops without apparent reason but you can continue after brief stop. You shoud perform vision sensor calibration, this helped with my drone. Google for instructions, also in user manual.

Last edited:
Has happened to me several times., drone just stops without apparent reason but you can continue after brief stop. You shoud perform vision sensor calibration, this helped with my drone. Google for instructions, also in user manual.
Thanks for that, I was out in Xmas eve trying waypoint flights with hammer and the same fault seems to appear whilst it was returning home... I’ll do what your suggesting and let you know!! Thank you again!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas