DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Covering the rear light!

foxygdxb

Reactions
We have drone restrictions where i live whereas you may not fly at night above a residential neighbourhood.

Something that makes this impossible to do without being spotted is the rear green light. I was wondering whether i could put a piece of tape around the green light of my Mavic Pro.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this or do you think it would be okay?

LOL!

Okay in what sense? Legally? Practically? Sensibly?

She'll fly fine but you need to question whether doing that ticks any other boxes..

Reactions: Kilrah
Well TBH, would like to go above my house to 40m altitude and take shots of the world famous park at night with their lights. (Its about 2 kilometers away)
And to do this without being arrested would be an absolute PLUS.. :)

If it's illegal and you don't want to risk being arrested then either seek permission or don't do it... simple.

You couldn't do anything with the footage anyway since that would be releasing proof that you flew illegally to everyone, including authorities who nowadays spend time online looking for such offenses.

Reactions: halley
Oh, I'd go for it then.. What's the worst that could happen? :D

I'm heading to Oman next month and had planned to take the mavic. Is it illegal there? Would hate to get it confiscated,

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Well that depends on how strict the authorities are in Oman. With a legal system based on sharia law I wouldn't risk it!

Was tongue in cheek Bob. Personally I'd risk a bottle of JD in the local park before flying a masked up drone. :D.

I'm heading to Oman next month and had planned to take the mavic. Is it illegal there? Would hate to get it confiscated,

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

StudioDrone, did you take your drone to Oman? Can you share any experience? I am going in December and want to bring my Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB