DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my Mavic 2 Pro. Need some advice.

peterpoulos

Reactions
Okay so dumb user error, but I clipped a tree maybe 20 feet high and fell into grass. Message said gimbal overload but once restarted all seemed fine. Then I noticed I bend the front left leg pretty bad. I have DJI care refresh but I dont know if it's worth using for something like this. I can still fly no issues just bent the leg. Can I get a replacement for just the leg itself?

Heres a picture15371229983439101389318087851996.jpg

Yeah flew it after 3 times. No issues. Gimbal did get a overload message after fall but no issues so far. Figure I save refresh for a worse crash.

Ya im sure it did. No biggie.. there are replacement arms w motors on ebay.. i dont see one right now for mp2 but im sure thunderdrones will know.

What mode were u flying in? Speed etc?

I am pretty sure I was in active track and manually descending and backing up and I clipped a branch and it just tumbled. I do see the mavic 2 pro arms on ebay. I am curious if can just reattach the leg I dont want to remove the entire arm. Just not sure eith the sensor being on the leg if it is affect. The sensors on front still seem to work.

I think there are wires in the legs. Antennas? Wait for the experts, or watch some youtube videos.

Just slap it in tripod mode, dbl check all sensors and then go crazy.

Front arms tend to fold which I suspect has minimized damages in crashes, so I'm somewhat surprised the leg got bent.
I do believe antennas are in the legs.
I agree, get it fixed, especially if you are a DYI kind of guy. Then again will self-repairs void refresh claims? It very well could null any future warranty claims.

Do urself a fav and get the state farm insurance then ur dbl covered. $60 a year, no deduc. Win win.

Until then go balls out. Speaking of which nxt time plz have a girl hold ur drone to avoid us having to look at ur bag. Hahahahaha

Yeah def dont want to void a warrenty....maybe I just keep it how it is. And use my refresh if anything else happens that way itll still count as a single use. I just feel the bent leg is a small enough issue to where I dont need to be to worried.

Reactions: Colbymh
Straighten it, fly it and wait till something else happens then send it it[emoji6]

I am pretty sure I was in active track and manually descending and backing up and I clipped a branch and it just tumbled. I do see the mavic 2 pro arms on ebay. I am curious if can just reattach the leg I dont want to remove the entire arm. Just not sure eith the sensor being on the leg if it is affect. The sensors on front still seem to work.

The leg is simple enough to swap, on the MP1 the antenna wires were glued to the leg so a sharp knife to score the glue and remove the leg, the antenna and a beam former is spotted into the leg once the glue is cut they slide out.

A dab of silicone all that’s needed to rear ire the antenna wire and you’re good to go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998