DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashes

Lonniex

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic Pro about three-quarters of a mile out, looking around, the drone started to act strange... I hit the return home button, it did turn to come home and as it was on its way I canceled the return to home, then it spun out of the air and crashed hard. At first I thought a propeller had come off but upon finding the drone, as I used longitude and latitude coordinates also an attached Tile to find it, all the propellers were intact less some broken blades of course. The Drone had a broken rear arm. I've had the drone for six months, so I filed claim with www.repair.dji.com. they did the assessment and said that the repair would be free and that they would send me either my repaired drone or a new drone or a refurbished comparable. Upon sending me the Drone I did notice on the return tracking number the Drone is a different serial number. So I am not sure what they are sending me but this does sound like a software defect or something. Monday I will get the replacement drone and if anyone's interested I'll let you know what they did.

P.S. The Tile weighs about 8 grams without the metal around the outer edge of it and is a lifesaver in finding the drone.

Lonz

Attachments

• IMG_20181129_082231.jpg
    IMG_20181129_082231.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 156
Some people stated that if there is a "R" in serial# that it supposed to be a Refurbished.

Reactions: Lonniex
Unfortunately not I only have the flight log recording.

Lonz

What is this tile you talk about?

Look at the picture I posted it's on top of the front of the drone, your phone can locate the tile within 50 yards it it makes a chiming noise, you can stick it on your keys a remote controller or a drone.

What is this tile you talk about?

Tile is good but not perfect. It has to be able to pick up a signal from a phone nearby or it wont be able to track. I prefer Trackimo. More expensive but worth every penny. It uses 4g.

The Tile app "discovers" a Tile and establishes a connection to it using the Bluetooth signal. Once a Bluetooth connection is made between your Tile and mobile device, Tile then uses the location services of your mobile device to communicate up-to-date location information to the app.

Tile is good but not perfect. It has to be able to pick up a signal from a phone nearby or it wont be able to track. I prefer Trackimo. More expensive but worth every penny. It uses 4g.

The Tile app "discovers" a Tile and establishes a connection to it using the Bluetooth signal. Once a Bluetooth connection is made between your Tile and mobile device, Tile then uses the location services of your mobile device to communicate up-to-date location information to the app.

Wow, good to know I'm going to look that up. I'm only six months into droning and can use all the advice I can get the Tile did help me locate it twice though I was happy about that.

Thanks,
Lonz

Wow, good to know I'm going to look that up. I'm only six months into droning and can use all the advice I can get the Tile did help me locate it twice though I was happy about that.

Thanks,
Lonz

Just keep it close, and you might not have a problem. When you are outside of bluetooth range, from what I understand, then it might lose signal. I had a Tile but bought a Trackimo.

You are definitely right about the range, if it wasn't for the last coordinance after the crash, longitude and latitude, ( that I entered into my Google maps) I wouldn't have had that close proximity for the tile to be picked up by my phone.

My Mavic pro crashed into a tree in September 2018. Trees are about 20m high so no way to get the drone out of them and I could not see it using my second Mavic Pro, I had the exact location from the flightplan but no sign of the drone. I know the area very well and it has some heavy winds sometimes so I checked the area around the trees to see if the drone came down, no sign of any drone within 4 weeks after the crash. I returned the end of february 2019 (5 months later) and i found the drone below the tree, battery just 1 meter away. Drone was not damaged, all working fine after testing. Battery did not charge anymore so I had to replace it.

Reactions: Lonniex

Hi. I'm a new drone hobbyist, so please bear with my naivety, but is it wise to attach a magnetic device to a drone that uses a magnetic positioning system for navigation?

Hi. I'm a new drone hobbyist, so please bear with my naivety, but is it wise to attach a magnetic device to a drone that uses a magnetic positioning system for navigation?
Hi, I will attempt to answer your question but first a suggestion. I is better to start a new thread rather than respond to one that is almost two years old to if you want to get the most attention.

i don’t believe that the Tile device is magnetic, it is electronic with very low level RF signal (Bluetooth) so should not cause any adverse effects on the drone. Also, theoretically you might be able to even add a magnetic device to the drone because the compass, which is the only thing that depends on a magnetically clean environment, can be calibrated to cancel out this extra magnetic source when doing the compass calibration procedure, AKA the compass dance.

Hi, I will attempt to answer your question but first a suggestion. I is better to start a new thread rather than respond to one that is almost two years old to if you want to get the most attention.

i don’t believe that the Tile device is magnetic, it is electronic with very low level RF signal (Bluetooth) so should not cause any adverse effects on the drone. Also, theoretically you might be able to even add a magnetic device to the drone because the compass, which is the only thing that depends on a magnetically clean environment, can be calibrated to cancel out this extra magnetic source when doing the compass calibration procedure, AKA the compass dance.
Got it. Thanks for the heads up on starting a new thread. I'm a new member with lots to learn:)

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashtar