DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OVERWATCH

Reactions
Hi. New to the forums but I've been flying the Mavic for a few months now. After a number of frustrating flights with video lagging and or app crashing within my iPhone 6 and Ipad Air 2, I decided to try out the Crystalsky. I recently purchased a 5.5 version and got it in yesterday. I haven't flown with it yet but I have hooked it up to the controller to go through the settings and get familiar with my way around it. After maybe 30 - 40 minutes of just going through the different screens and settings in the DJI Go 4 app, I started to receive a "Monitor Overheat" warning. Fearful of damaging the unit, I immediately proceeded to power off the CS and wait about 20 minutes before trying again. I received the same message again after a few minutes of re-starting. Anyone know what could be happening? All firmware and the app is up-to-date and I was running the CS indoors in moderate temp.

Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: vipersimon
Hi. New to the forums but I've been flying the Mavic for a few months now. After a number of frustrating flights with video lagging and or app crashing within my iPhone 6 and Ipad Air 2, I decided to try out the Crystalsky. I recently purchased a 5.5 version and got it in yesterday. I haven't flown with it yet but I have hooked it up to the controller to go through the settings and get familiar with my way around it. After maybe 30 - 40 minutes of just going through the different screens and settings in the DJI Go 4 app, I started to receive a "Monitor Overheat" warning. Fearful of damaging the unit, I immediately proceeded to power off the CS and wait about 20 minutes before trying again. I received the same message again after a few minutes of re-starting. Anyone know what could be happening? All firmware and the app is up-to-date and I was running the CS indoors in moderate temp.

Any insight is much appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, the latest firmware and DJI Go 4 v 4.1.18 is causing the overheating, with previous versions of DJI Go 4 the fans never even needed to come on.

DJI need to find a fix pretty soon, as I don't think you'll be able to fly multiple batteries.

Just as an experiment, I tried with other flight software, flew for 1hr and there was no overheating at all, so it must be DJI Go 4

Last edited:
Yes, the latest firmware and DJI Go 4 v 4.1.18 is causing the overheating, with previous versions of DJI Go 4 the fans never even needed to come on.

DJI need to find a fix pretty soon, as I don't think you'll be able to fly multiple batteries.

Just as an experiment, I tried with Litchi, flew for 1hr and there was no overheating at all, so it must be DJI Go 4

Darn. If it is the app itself, I hope they put out fix soon. I've got a trip overseas in a month and I was looking forward to problem free flying. If it does get traced back to the DJI Go 4 causing it, is there a safe way to go back to an older version?

Just as an experiment, I tried with Litchi, flew for 1hr and there was no overheating at all, so it must be DJI Go 4

I didn't realize you can download Litchi to the CS. Saw a video on youtube saying otherwise but it could have been prior to any CS firmware updates.

I didn't realize you can download Litchi to the CS. Saw a video on youtube saying otherwise but it could have been prior to any CS firmware updates.

The litchi side load process was removed by youtube

Last edited:

Haven't gotten a chance to play around ith the CS more. Weather hasn't been great in the midwest so I haven't gotten a chance to fly. I will try to at least hook up to the controller tonight and try to observe if I still get the monitor overheat warning. I also want to learn how to put in Litchi in case i need it as a backup. Any guidance on how to do that? Is it recommended? Does it not interfere with anything since it is a third party app?

I have the same problem with a new CS 5.5. Overheating warning after 15 min flight.
Hope it is only a software problem and they soon have a fix for it.

I have the same problem with a new CS 5.5. Overheating warning after 15 min flight.
Hope it is only a software problem and they soon have a fix for it.

I hope that it is merely a firmware update needed as well. I bought the CS after the headaches I got from my phone and iPad. I really was hoping the Crystalsky was going to be the end to my problems but I haven't even used it to fly yet and I am already getting errors on this. Very disheartening. I also got it in preparation for a trip I'll be taking overseas in a few weeks...

If you are into installing Litchi, you will need to find a cracked version of it on the internet to download. I will not assist with that, however what I will assist you is with installing the remaining components that Litchi needs to work correctly.

Please see CrystalSky supported apps (tracking thread) and download all of the google play and map services.

If you are into installing Litchi, you will need to find a cracked version of it on the internet to download. I will not assist with that, however what I will assist you is with installing the remaining components that Litchi needs to work correctly.

Please see CrystalSky supported apps (tracking thread) and download all of the google play and map services.

I appreciate the suggestion. I didn't realize that it required a crack of some sort just to use Litchi. I don't want to do that either. The whole reason I got the CS was for a clean, dedicated DJI monitor that would move me away from the headaches I got with CPU overloading and video lags and app crashes that I got on my iOS devices. Bought the CS as a final resort and just to get back to flying without all the hassle. I actually like the Go4 app. It's what I'm used to. Someone mentioned Litchi was working without the overheating so I figured I'd ask as a plan B for this overheating issue. If it is going to involves cracks and all sorts of other workarounds, it just defeats the purpose of getting the CS. This has been so frustrating...

I appreciate the suggestion. I didn't realize that it required a crack of some sort just to use Litchi. I don't want to do that either. The whole reason I got the CS was for a clean, dedicated DJI monitor that would move me away from the headaches I got with CPU overloading and video lags and app crashes that I got on my iOS devices. Bought the CS as a final resort and just to get back to flying without all the hassle. I actually like the Go4 app. It's what I'm used to. Someone mentioned Litchi was working without the overheating so I figured I'd ask as a plan B for this overheating issue. If it is going to involves cracks and all sorts of other workarounds, it just defeats the purpose of getting the CS. This has been so frustrating...
Litchi will eventually have a CrystalSky version of it ready, but it will be a while.

Recently I flow a few times over 20 min. No overheating issues.
Maybe it is a contact problem with the mounting gear. Make sure the it is properly locked.
And the way to hold the CS. Do not block the air vents on top and bottom.
Only guessing

Recently I flow a few times over 20 min. No overheating issues.
Maybe it is a contact problem with the mounting gear. Make sure the it is properly locked.
And the way to hold the CS. Do not block the air vents on top and bottom.
Only guessing

I would like to know what DJI’s response is to the overheating issue. Based on the assumption of the contributors on this thread it’s a F/W issue. I REALLY want to buy one but not with a installed unwanted feature.

I would like to know what DJI’s response is to the overheating issue. Based on the assumption of the contributors on this thread it’s a F/W issue. I REALLY want to buy one but not with a installed unwanted feature.
Please note that not everyone is having the overheating issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost