DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Please note that not everyone is having the overheating issue.

Yes I am having this issue also with the latest updates. Been waiting for a fix, with no response from DJI. It happen when the ambient temp is 78degrees F or above.

Yes I am having this issue also with the latest updates. Been waiting for a fix, with no response from DJI. It happen when the ambient temp is 78degrees F or above.
I posted the below on another thread:

Okay, I just took temp readings using my IR on my CS UB. I ran the UB at full brightness while having the DJI Go app running and web browser running in the background. My test ran for 40 minutes at room temp (72 F). The warmest reading I got was 115 F where the HDMI & USB ports are located.

My test was on the 5.5 CS. I do not get the notification if the ambient temp is below 78F

Any news about the overheating problem? Yesterday the message appear again. It is about 30º Celsius here in Thailand. It should be no problem.

Attachments

• CS overheating.png
    CS overheating.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 29
I just found a CrystalSky_Release_Notes_EN_12.14. It is from December 14, 2017.
The CS Firmware V02.04.06.00 supposed to fix this problem.
Will test on weekend?
CS release note.png

I just found a CrystalSky_Release_Notes_EN_12.14. It is from December 14, 2017.
The CS Firmware V02.04.06.00 supposed to fix this problem.
Will test on weekend?
View attachment 29575

Actually this version causes the overheating, a number of us on this release are reporting our CS's to be running much hotter, I would not upgrade if I were you

Last edited:
I used my 5.5 today in 37degree Celsius heat (99 Fahrenheit) and worked brilliantly. Had it since Christmas and not a single problem. So must be a bad batch out there.

Actually this version causes the overheating, a number of us on this release are reporting our CS's to be running much hotter, I would not upgrade if I were you

Unfortunately, that's the version I have.
How to downgrade?

Unfortunately, that's the version I have.
How to downgrade?

It's not actually the firmware but the DJI Go4 v 4.1.18 that comes with it that is the problem, I've been using litchi instead

And they told me they will but it will take time.

If the CS can't support google play store, why would Litchi even develop a version for the CS , no one would be able to purchase it.

Until DJI implement the google apps store completely, which they never will, no app developer will build anything specific for the CS.

Litchi would not waste anytime on supporting the tiny CS user base, when there is no economics behind it.

So most probably, you'll be waiting in vain for Litchi to do something

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
If the CS can't support google play store, why would Litchi even develop a version for the CS , no one would be able to purchase it.

Until DJI implement the google apps store completely, which they never will, no app developer will build anything specific for the CS.

Litchi would not waste anytime on supporting the tiny CS user base, when there is no economics behind it.

So most probably, you'll be waiting in vain for Litchi to do something
Doesn't matter. What they told me is that they will be working on one. It's a license based app.

My CS 5.5 is new- purchased 2 days ago and it too is overheating- what is the deal with these things?
It gets warm after only 8 minutes or so and I'm getting the "overheating' message- any workarounds yet??

My CS 5.5 is new- purchased 2 days ago and it too is overheating- what is the deal with these things?
It gets warm after only 8 minutes or so and I'm getting the "overheating' message- any workarounds yet??

do a factory reset and check if it has improved. From what you can learn here in the forum, this message appears after the last system update. But doing a factory reset the installation gets clean and that message disappears.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman