DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Android vs iOS app

john2k

Reactions
Got delivery of my Mavic air arctic white today. One thing I noticed on the box is that it seems to be advertised for being more optimised for Apple. So seeing as I use Android Samsung S9 I wanted to know what others experience of the android vs iOS experience is? I remember watching a video a while back where someone mentioned that the android DJI app isn't as reliable as the iOS one

I use a Samsung tab S2 and a Note 8 with my MA and Spark, I haven't had any problems with android this far. I used an iPad mini2 a few times and I must say the display quality was better on both Samsungs than the iPad mini

This debate has happened 100's of times on this forum. Android fan boys vs. apple fan boys.
You are correct that DJI heavily favors Apple.
In my time on this forum, I have read 100's of threads about disconnected devices during flight, experimentation with older firmware and software to make phones or tablets work.
The SAD truth? From my observations, 75% TO 80% (conservative) of these device trouble threads are Android.
Just get an retired IPhone 6 or better, or a later Ipad mini, plug it in, and have the BEST chance of no issues.

Reactions: papaj4
All good phones works
On the past was some issues on Android but looks all working good now

Its a crap shoot with Android. Even DJI's very own crystal sky is giving people fits. More than I have seen with Apple devices.
search for this thread, gets bumped every so often.
CrystalSky disconnect

Hi everyone from Poland. I'm using android devices (various devices) since 6 month (DJI GO4 and Mavic Pro). There are more popular and cheaper here like ios. Finally bought an iPad mini 4. My advice is: Do not waste time and get ios device. You just take it out of the box and fly. No app crash, no freezing , no searching over internet "how to connect..." or any workarounds. That results of my experience.

Reactions: ksmusa and burma419
Wow that's some seriously confusing replies. some say both work some say android crashes. Even if you have lets say Android App crashes, does this effect the video and stuff that is being recorded by the Mavic Air?

some say both work some say android crashes
A lot of people have trouble with Android devices because they are using devices with poor specs and/or don't have them set up properly. You can find a list of recommended and commonly used mobile devices here. Your Android device will likely run better if you set it up like this.

Even if you have lets say Android App crashes, does this effect the video and stuff that is being recorded by the Mavic Air?
The video is recorded on the memory card or internal memory (if you didn't insert a memory card) in the Mavic Air. If your mobile device crashes after you started recording video, the video will continue to record until you reconnect your mobile device to DJI GO and stop it.

Reactions: SmileyGC
Got delivery of my Mavic air arctic white today. One thing I noticed on the box is that it seems to be advertised for being more optimised for Apple. So seeing as I use Android Samsung S9 I wanted to know what others experience of the android vs iOS experience is? I remember watching a video a while back where someone mentioned that the android DJI app isn't as reliable as the iOS one
Yep .. read the same compatibility message on the box thought WTF ..DJI need to update their packaging the thought iOS is preferred is old tech misconception.
Myself sport a Samsung S8+ with the 2k Superb AMOLED Display looks sensational.
Software compatibility no issue at all runs smooth as silk .
Congrads on the S9 by the way very nice piece of hardware ##

Reactions: john2k
read the same compatibility message on the box thought WTF ..DJI need to update their packaging the thought iOS is preferred is old tech misconception

That's exactly how i felt.

Myself sport a Samsung S8+ with the 2k Superb AMOLED Display looks sensational.
Software compatibility no issue at all runs smooth as silk .

That's great to know, if you're running it smoothly on the S8 then i'm hoping S9 should be no different.

Congrads on the S9 by the way very nice piece of hardware ##

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk