DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Avata

✋

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
Bear in mind that the pilots flying the demonstrations are most likely very skilled. I saw one once metaphorically threading a needle at what was probably 20mph+, the slightest wrong twitch and the drone would have been splattered like Wile E Coyote against a wall.

Guys we have another forum with a section on just this drone.

You can join there like you did here. 👍

Reactions: GFields and Droniac
I have been watching some videos on Youtube and it looks pretty darn cool. Is anyone thinking of jumping in and picking one up?
I ordered one yesterday. Just the drone itself since I have the FPV drone with controller and goggles. I've been posting in the appropriate forum where I go by "GoodnNuff" and not "Torque".

It´s way too expensive and for someone which doesn´t need FPV the much better choice is still the DJI Mini2!
These are entirely different drones though, no? Someone who is looking for an FPV drone (or a cinewhoop specifically) would be extremely disappointed with the Mini 2.

I have been watching some videos on Youtube and it looks pretty darn cool. Is anyone thinking of jumping in and picking one up?
I certainly will get one.

It's just a question of how long I can hold out against doing it.

In my relative poverty, the price tag is pretty breathtaking.

TCS

Don't like the battery life!
Of the Avata? Compared to the DJI FPV?

The specs say that the Avata will have better battery life than the FPV, and I haven't yet seen a report from anyone who owns both that suggests otherwise.

TCS

Nor have I, just saying that's a lot of money for a short flight.
Well, I certainly won't argue with that!

The microscopic flight time of the DJI FPV in Manual mode is my main gripe about it.

Eventually, there will be some major breakthrough in battery technology that will make a significant dent in that problem, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Thx

Reactions: buddb55
Rotor Riot review on YouTube was interesting.
Those boys are true FPV pilots, but were pretty impressed with the Avata.

Even the motion controller got them pretty much giggling like girls at times lol.

Now they switched onto it very fast, even full manual with the left stick self centering 'tuned out' so the left stick is pure manual ops at all times.

The biggest mistake I saw in other reveiwers first manual flight was not left stick throttle up when moving forward, straight down into the dirt.

The drone is tough !
Even Rotor Riots crash by one of the pilots had them in awe of no damage apart from some ducting scuffs.

They did say that true cinewhoops are more responsive etc, but hey, for a regular cinematic drone pilots flying Mavics and the like, this thing would be pretty good to start FPV on (much like the DJI FPV is / was).

Real world flight times were interesting too.
Nurks review had a hover only at 15 mins, and regular flying normal and manual, a bit of sports, only a minute or so less !!

Rotor Riot review on YouTube was interesting.
Those boys are true FPV pilots, but were pretty impressed with the Avata.

Even the motion controller got them pretty much giggling like girls at times lol.

Now they switched onto it very fast, even full manual with the left stick self centering 'tuned out' so the left stick is pure manual ops at all times.

The biggest mistake I saw in other reveiwers first manual flight was not left stick throttle up when moving forward, straight down into the dirt.

The drone is tough !
Even Rotor Riots crash by one of the pilots had them in awe of no damage apart from some ducting scuffs.

They did say that true cinewhoops are more responsive etc, but hey, for a regular cinematic drone pilots flying Mavics and the like, this thing would be pretty good to start FPV on (much like the DJI FPV is / was).

Real world flight times were interesting too.
Nurks review had a hover only at 15 mins, and regular flying normal and manual, a bit of sports, only a minute or so less !!
I saw that vid, and it was well done and helpful. I had already decided that I wanted to get the motion controller, an after that vid, I'm now really looking forward to it!

Me too brother, gotta fight the temptation, at least for a little while....
It's hard...

My plan was to wait until I get my first paycheck from my new job, but that may be almost a month, which would eat up much of the remaining flying season here.

So, I've compromised, and I don't plan to get it until my new job at least starts, which is a week from tomorrow.

But I'm not going to have any more money then than I have now, so...why wait?

The Little Red Devil on my left shoulder is laughing his buns off...

;-)

It's hard...

My plan was to wait until I get my first paycheck from my new job, but that may be almost a month, which would eat up much of the remaining flying season here.

So, I've compromised, and I don't plan to get it until my new job at least starts, which is a week from tomorrow.

But I'm not going to have any more money then than I have now, so...why wait?

The Little Red Devil on my left shoulder is laughing his buns off...

;-)
I feel you. I bought a Mini 3 that I didn't need , but had to have , now I am feeling the Avata itch.... It's a disease, I tell ya!

I feel you. I bought a Mini 3 that I didn't need , but had to have , now I am feeling the Avata itch.... It's a disease, I tell ya!
And I got it real bad...not looking for a cure though!

Except more money. I need a cure for that. Which, fortunately, I think I've found.

(sigh)

Reactions: Eagle Eye 62
Personally, I’m going to wait.

Two reasons, first was the debacle with the mini 3 launch. They may or may not have teething issues that need to be sorted out. But I’m not willing to risk my money to find out.

Second, as someone with an A2S and no fpv, I want to either use my existing controller with the new goggles, or get a package with goggles and a stick controller at least. I don’t want to use the MC. Currently, you have to pay for the MC, then pay extra for a stick controller. You can’t even buy the things separately, because the new goggles aren’t sold by themselves, if you want the new goggles, it only comes in some combo that includes the MC, and I don’t want a $200 controller that’s just going to collect dust.

Now if you are cool with using just the MC and not being able to go full manual, then you can ignore the second point. But that is basically taking away the whoop from cinewhoop. Doesn’t make any sense to me.

Reactions: Torque
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15