DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI customer service is a joke

callmydronephone

Reactions
I sent my drone in to be repaired on April 2nd. On April 17th when I was in the last phase of the repair process I asked that they mail it to a different address which they confirmed both over the phone and via email. By April 19th I went an email asking for the status. On April 21st i got an automatically generated email saying the mavic would be shipped with in 3 business days to the original address and not the one I updated. As of today April 28th I contacted customer service and learned that it STILL had not been shipped and would shipped within 3 business days. It will be over a month by the time I receive the repaired unit from DJI. They have not responded to the a single email through the entire process. These guys are ridiculous. I am considering disputing the original charge at this point.

Has anyone had a similar experience or have any suggestions?

A couple of mine will have been gone around 6 weeks by the time I get them back.

It says "delivered" but its still in California with scheduled delivery late next week.

Mavic repair.jpg

They have the nerve, furthermore, to send you a survey after contact. I filled out mine today; I don't think I'll be getting a follow-up, if you get my drift.

A couple of mine will have been gone around 6 weeks by the time I get them back.

It says "delivered" but its still in California with scheduled delivery late next week.

View attachment 11817

Whats with their BS on their progress status. Mine says the same as yours, but I just got Tracking info today that says its still in California.
They must bulk ship once a week.

I cant wait to see what gremlins my "replacement" is going to have.

What puzzles me about DJI is the fact that they feel a need to project an appearance of first class service when the reality is that they know their sales, support and repair divisions are not up to the task!

If DJI just admitted from the start that it will take X amount of time to do something then I think most people would not complain as much. It's the expectations that they deliberately expound to people that cause anxiety when they are dashed. A smart company would just say we are swamped and it will take 6 weeks to get you your drone back and then deliver it in 4 weeks.

In the Ham Radio world many of the companies take 4-6 weeks to repair gear but they make that clear from the start and most people just except it and wait.

Rob

Eastern culture - simple as that.
That's fine in itself, but the only problem is that regional representations apparently have to follow main office guidelines instead of having room to adapt service to the local expectations.

Haven't had to return drone to them...
But had a lot of email interaction with them regarding drone, they normally reply within 12-24 hours, have analysed DAT files I provided them, and generally been very polite.
Recently took about 5 emails over 3 days of information gathering for them to authorise a warranty repair, provided me with reference number and all contact details for local repair agents (private company contracted by DJI to do repairs).
So overall was very happy with their response.

Repair company given me an average 2-3 weeks turnaround time for repair, depending on parts availability. So dropped off yesterday, hopefully I'm not without drone too long.

I first approached dealer, they send send in drone, they'll return it to DJI China and expect a replacement in 6 weeks. So was quite pleased with DJI customer support that has arranged a local repair with less wait. And knowing I won't be getting a refurb.

They feel superior because they have the market cornered on drones they feel the can do anything they want when it comes to customer service. Great products the worst service

Last edited:
Reactions: wayy510
After all the horror stories I've read about their customer service I'm dreading my first interaction with them, hopefully never! You think with their success, popularity and resources they would have excellent CS, but it seams they outsource CS to North Korea lol

This is my first posting on the forum. I crashed my Mavic in April. The camera had come off completely due to crash. My fault. Flew into tree sideways.
I was concerned reading lot of negative posts about DJI service.

I sent my mavic for repairs on May 22. I did not have refresh. DJI charged $165 for repairs and I just got it back with total turn around time of about 2 weeks. CAS-628439-M7W5P8

They sent me a brand new one. During this time I sent an email and I had online chat with two of representatives from DJI. One was Arnel and other was Harvey. Excellent and helpful. Email though went unanswered.
I was very happy with this overall experience.

I think this company is trying to ramp up its customer service and response in line with a rapidly expanding user base of people like us. I think they are trying honestly and will get there soon. I hope I am not wrong.

This is my first posting on the forum. I crashed my Mavic in April. The camera had come off completely due to crash. My fault. Flew into tree sideways.

I sent my mavic for repairs on May 22. I did not have refresh. DJI charged $165 for repairs and I just got it back with total turn around time of about 2 weeks. CAS-628439-M7W5P8

They sent me a brand new one. During this time I sent an email and I had online chat with two of representatives from DJI. One was Arnel and other was Harvey. Excellent and helpful. Email though went unanswered.

I think this company is trying to ramp up its customer service and response in line with a rapidly expanding user base of people like us. I think they are trying honestly and will get there soon. I hope I am not wrong.

Can I ask where you're located and do you have a copy of the repair bill you can share?

Can I ask where you're located and do you have a copy of the repair bill you can share?

Sure please see below: I have attached that I got from DJI on my email.
Case No: CAS-628439-M7W5P8
I am on East coast on US.

Attachments

• pay2.pdf
    111.5 KB · Views: 13
T

That would be excellent news if it holds up, and would immunize DJI to the competition.

Let's see if I got the dates right.

May 22 Sent to DJI from east coast to Cali
June 1 Received quote from DJI
June 10 repair received back from DJI

Total 21 days

Is your serial number the same as the one you sent in? From the repair sheet, it looks like they repaired yours and did not send you a new one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato