DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI evolve with us 28th march

According to Yuneec’s website it has a radio range of “up to” 1 mile under “ideal” conditions. That’s way too limited for me.
Wouldn't that likely be for a European (CE) version? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that the non FCC versions of the Mavic have a similar range limit.

According to Yuneec’s website it’s both:

“FCC Compliance: Up to 1.6km/1 mile CE Compliance: Up to 1.6km/1 mile”

The website said that was the range for both CE and FCC.
Hopefully, they will increase the power levels for the FCC version. Looking at yuneec, it looks like they really are capable of some serious competition for DJI, especially if their customet service is like people rave about. Their $3800 hexacopter with the flir camera is a nice setup. The software looks to be a little easier to use too. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mavic Pro, but I do worry when I fly it because of some random disconnect problems I have encountered. That said, I don't like that they are using Android on the inside. For the money, I think they should be using Nvidia Jetson "brains" in them. I think that puts them a little behind the curve.

Reactions: HoozierDroneDaddy
Hopefully, they will increase the power levels for the FCC version. Looking at yuneec, it looks like they really are capable of some serious competition for DJI, especially if their customet service is like people rave about. Their $3800 hexacopter with the flir camera is a nice setup. The software looks to be a little easier to use too. Don't get me wrong, I love my Mavic Pro, but I do worry when I fly it because of some random disconnect problems I have encountered. That said, I don't like that they are using Android on the inside. For the money, I think they should be using Nvidia Jetson "brains" in them. I think that puts them a little behind the curve.
FYI, their camera Thermal set up is not nearly as nice and effective as DJI’s new dual system. I know I’ve been researching thermal cameras for some time for my Mavic and already own a thermal camera , stand alone not for drones..so it should be noted...DJI still has the best of everything quality wise

FYI, their camera Thermal set up is not nearly as nice and effective as DJI’s new dual system. I know I’ve been researching thermal cameras for some time for my Mavic and already own a thermal camera , stand alone not for drones..so it should be noted...DJI still has the best of everything quality wise
Did you find any good thermal cameras for mavic pro?

Did you find any good thermal cameras for mavic pro?
Yes the FLIR Vue, Flir Boson, they are all great thermals and companies have all in one systems for the Mavic Pro and Air but they are expensive , about 5K US includes the Flir camera and mount with 5.8ghz TX..the Thermal device themselves are about 2 to 3.5K each but they are really good 30FPS and great detail..Just Google thermal for Mavic Pro and you will see what I mean...I ‘m saving up..just so you know there are no gimbals, simply mounts but that’s fine.

Their Flir camera sucks, reason for the low price for Hex and camera system...ITs OK for the daytime because it uses HD camera with thermal to get details, but in low light , its sucks when HD camera can not get details..I wouldnt use their system for flying at night...DJI you can easily fly at night much better thermal

Their Flir camera sucks, reason for the low price for Hex and camera system...ITs OK for the daytime because it uses HD camera with thermal to get details, but in low light , its sucks when HD camera can not get details..I wouldnt use their system for flying at night...DJI you can easily fly at night much better thermal
Can you post a link to some example videos of DJI's newest thermal camera setup. I've saw an aftermarket setup that mounts in the phantom landing gear that looks pretty good.

Can you post a link to some example videos of DJI's newest thermal camera setup. I've saw an aftermarket setup that mounts in the phantom landing gear that looks pretty good.
XT2 is posted at the beginning of this thread...I don’t know if they have system for the Phantom but Flir Vue and Boson can be mounted to Phantoms just like the Mavic Pro , some have gimbles...just Google Flir Vue for Phantom 4 pro and you will see the offerings..

Before you decide whether to jump to Yuneec, you may want to be aware that they are having financial trouble. They laid off 50% of their employees last year and several of their suppliers cut them off and were demanding full payment. Whether any of this was resolved, I wasn't able to find out but if that didn't do it, they very well may not be around in a year.

Dji is so dominant they are destroying any competition in the consumer market.

Before you decide whether to jump to Yuneec, you may want to be aware that they are having financial trouble. They laid off 50% of their employees last year and several of their suppliers cut them off and were demanding full payment. Whether any of this was resolved, I wasn't able to find out but if that didn't do it, they very well may not be around in a year.

Dji is so dominant they are destroying any competition in the consumer market.
THere won’t be room for any more consumer drone companies since laws around the world are getting more and more strict. I don’t doubt for a second, DJI has seen a major hit , let alone the smaller companies trying to compete in the marketplace with DJI...so yes I agree, Yuneec will unlikely recover unless they diversify into more industrial applications

I own both DJI and Yuneec aircraft. I want both companies to continue growing, as well as others. Competition is good for the market. I know that the respective fanboys want DJI or Yuneec to dominate and crush the competition, but if that happens and DJI is the only manufacturer on the block, then "supply and demand" will take over and prices will sky rocket.

I own both DJI and Yuneec aircraft. I want both companies to continue growing, as well as others. Competition is good for the market. I know that the respective fanboys want DJI or Yuneec to dominate and crush the competition, but if that happens and DJI is the only manufacturer on the block, then "supply and demand" will take over and prices will sky rocket.
Unfortunately this something we can’t control...competition is exactly what we want but I foresee a major cut in prices even though DJI ends up with over 75% market share because of all the strict laws for flying, no drone flyzones being posted everywhere ,a new one almost daily....I think we will se the cut in prices after the release of the MAVIC pro 2, Phantom 5 etc

Last edited:
The thermal cam there is at best a toy in comparison to the XT2. Looks like they're using a Lepton 3, so that wouldn't even measure actual temperature. Gives you a pretty picture, but with no numbers to put on.
Yeah, I said that earlier in the thread. The thermal portion is really low quality

The next Mavic and Phantom events will be large events. DJI will no doubt announce the live event location/time in advance and the usual suspects that always attend those events will be talking about attending them in advance.
I am usually invited to all of the DJI launch events, and I'll report back when I get my invite.

Reactions: ThorDar

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rsantangelo