DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly / Android 13 Devices / POI and Tracking

Cymru

Reactions
Anyone else noticing an issue with Android 13 devices (mine is a Pixel 7 pro) and DJI Fly on anything using POI/Active track?

Ive replicated this on 2 devices now.

Ultimately the second you draw a box to select a target the live feed freezes and receives only jerky updates every 10-15 seconds making it totally unusable.
All the telemetry, green box overlay and everything else continues to work but the feed is frozen.
Exiting that mode and it takes 20-30 seconds and the video recovers and returns to real time.

This does *not* happen on older Android versions on my tablet. Any of the intelligent flight modes are completely unusable on my phone.

Drone is a Mini 3 Pro (latest firmware) if it matters.

So has anyone else seen this screen freeze issue on tracking on an Android 13 or pixel device?

I've got the same problem with my Samsung A53, both on Android 12 and after the upgrade to v13. I believe it's a long-standing DJI Fly bug.

I've got the same problem with my Samsung A53, both on Android 12 and after the upgrade to v13. I believe it's a long-standing DJI Fly bug.
I didnt see it on Android 12 on my Pixel 4a5G.

Got a suspicion its a bug thats come in relatively recently with Fly.

Add that to Go4 not working on Android 13 and it seems DJI just cant be bothered with software any more.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803