DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dji fly app non compatibility with some phones BEWARE !!

mark in poole

Reactions
Hi guys ,dont fall into the trap i just have ,i pre oredered my mavic mini a week ago,dji launched the new fly app ,guess what my quite popular motorola g6 play is NOT compatible grrrrrrrr :((,I think alot of people are going to get the same sinking feeling I did this morning,maybe in the near future it will be compatible like the go 4 app was with my old motorola g5play,ive contacted dji ref this ,ill post their response when i get it ,i was really looking forward to this drone but at the moment its a no go ,if anybody has info if my phone will be on the list in a few weeks then i wont cancel my order ,but i dont think it will be anytime soon ,here is the list ,im sure there are lots of makes of phones in the world that are not on there ,its strange it says android 6 or over and my phone is android 9 ,cheers for any replies guys ,ill go and sulk for a bit longer mark
Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Samsung Galaxy S9 , Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy Note9, Samsung Galaxy Note8, HUAWEI P30 Pro, HUAWEI P30, HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI P10, HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 10, HUAWEI nova 5, HUAWEI nova 4, HUAWEI nova 3e, HUAWEI nova 2, Honor 8X, Honor V10, Honor 9, Honor 20 Pro, Honor Magic 2, Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S, Mi MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, vivo NEX, vivo X27, vivo X21, vivo X20A, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2, Pixel, LG V20, LG G6.

Is your g6 really not compatible or is it just not on the list? If not on the list it still may work.

Hi ,no i downloaded the app from the dji website ,it gets to the end of downloading then says app not installed ,i tried this three times with no luck ,ive read other people have this issue too,its not showing up on the google play store either which means my phone cant work with it ,my friend has a samsung and its showing up on his play store thanks for reply

It's not in Google Play yet. App distribution in Play often gets delayed, as we frequently experience with Go updates.

One thing is clear, Android must be version 6.0 and above.

Check to make sure you have installs allowed from outside sources.

Reactions: mark in poole
just found dji fly on the google play store on my g6 motorola and it says in big red letters
"YOUR DEVICE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION"
:( :( RUNS OFF CRYING

If the app won't run on something like the Tab A, that's going to cause lots of returns. If the app is that picky, DJI should have warned about this and provided it at October launch so people could check compatibility firsthand.

Reactions: mark in poole
My reply from dji
Antonette
(DJI Support)
11月12日 CST10:53
Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your time for sending an email to us and let me assist you.

Regarding your concern, I am afraid to tell you that your mobile you are using is not on the list for the compatible device for DJI Fly app. Here's the link Mavic Mini - Specs, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI. With this, since this is not been tested with the App we cannot guarantee that it will work as intended once you have the unit. At the moment, we can advise that you may cancel the order but still the final decision will depends by you.

We are always striving to make our products compatible with as many devices as possible.

Your understanding is so much appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards

My reply from dji
Antonette
(DJI Support)
11月12日 CST10:53
Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We appreciate your time for sending an email to us and let me assist you.

Regarding your concern, I am afraid to tell you that your mobile you are using is not on the list for the compatible device for DJI Fly app. Here's the link Mavic Mini - Specs, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI. With this, since this is not been tested with the App we cannot guarantee that it will work as intended once you have the unit. At the moment, we can advise that you may cancel the order but still the final decision will depends by you.

We are always striving to make our products compatible with as many devices as possible.

Your understanding is so much appreciated.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards

Although I havent received the MINI yet, it sure looks like the DJI Fly app for IOS is a “GO”.
downloaded from the App store a few minutes ago and it installed without a hitch. Of course having no aircraft at this time no connect. Looks easy to use even for me as a newbie.

IPad users note mini support is not listed for iPads on the Apple store, and that those that have tried find that it runs, but the display is only iPhone size.

IPad users note mini support is not listed for iPads on the Apple store, and that those that have tried find that it runs, but the display is only iPhone size.
Now that's dumb. So much for the claim "DJI favors iOS. Says so on the box: "Made for iOS"".

I get "This type of file can harm your device. do you want to keep xxxxxxxfile number" on all three of my devices.

It is not listed in the play store by simply searching for "DJI Fly", doesn't come up at all. The only way to get it is via the QR code on the website "for Android".

Moto Z3
Motorola droid turbo
Lenovo tab 4 8

I have no plans of buying the mini just thought I'd try and load it after reading troubles here, see if it would load and or if it worked.

None of them "new" anymore at this point, DJI go 4 works fine and surely should work for fly? but nope no go... or should I say no fly.

I should add that I'm not saying it won't work just that I'm not willing to go further to verify it or not as I do not own a mini. Just not a seamless process to install straight from the play store. If bought one yes I'd load it to see what happen good or bad!

Last edited:
Side loading apps outside of Play will always produce that message.

It is in Play, just not in their search engine yet.
Here's how to get it from Play so that Play can notify you of updates:

Bring up in Play any app from DJI.
Display app details
Click on publisher name just below the app title.
DJI Fly will be listed near the bottom.
Click it to install.

Side loading apps outside of Play will always produce that message.

It is in Play, just not in their search engine yet.
Here's how to get it from Play so that Play can notify you of updates:

Bring up in Play any app from DJI.
Display app details
Click on publisher name just below the app title.
DJI Fly will be listed near the bottom.
Click it to install.

Ahh yes thanks that worked, hadn't run into that before today.

Here's how to get it from Play so that Play can notify you of updates:...
Notifying about an update is fine but I suggest not allowing automatic updates, especially with new software that will be going through a number of updates in its early development. DJI has a history of releasing updates that have bricked some users (happened to me), both Android and iOS. It is better to check what may be gained by an update and verify that your particular device will work with the update before updating.

Hi guys ,dont fall into the trap i just have ,i pre oredered my mavic mini a week ago,dji launched the new fly app ,guess what my quite popular motorola g6 play is NOT compatible grrrrrrrr :((,I think alot of people are going to get the same sinking feeling I did this morning,maybe in the near future it will be compatible like the go 4 app was with my old motorola g5play,ive contacted dji ref this ,ill post their response when i get it ,i was really looking forward to this drone but at the moment its a no go ,if anybody has info if my phone will be on the list in a few weeks then i wont cancel my order ,but i dont think it will be anytime soon ,here is the list ,im sure there are lots of makes of phones in the world that are not on there ,its strange it says android 6 or over and my phone is android 9 ,cheers for any replies guys ,ill go and sulk for a bit longer mark
Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S10+, Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S9+, Samsung Galaxy S9 , Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy Note9, Samsung Galaxy Note8, HUAWEI P30 Pro, HUAWEI P30, HUAWEI P20, HUAWEI P10, HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro, HUAWEI Mate 10, HUAWEI nova 5, HUAWEI nova 4, HUAWEI nova 3e, HUAWEI nova 2, Honor 8X, Honor V10, Honor 9, Honor 20 Pro, Honor Magic 2, Mi 8, Mi MIX 2S, Mi MIX 2, Redmi Note 5, OPPO Find X, OPPO R15, vivo NEX, vivo X27, vivo X21, vivo X20A, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5, Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 2, Pixel, LG V20, LG G6.

I got a refurbished Galaxy Tab A 8 in.to use with my Zoom when I received it in Aug. Seemed to work well until I tried to do video, and then it disoconected from the fly app, no way to make it work. Called DJI and they said it was not on the list and was not compatable. They were right.

Hi ,no i downloaded the app from the dji website ,it gets to the end of downloading then says app not installed ,i tried this three times with no luck ,ive read other people have this issue too,its not showing up on the google play store either which means my phone cant work with it ,my friend has a samsung and its showing up on his play store thanks for reply
Hi,
I got the same issue with my Nokia 8.
I fully restarted my Nokia and then it would install and seems to work, but id did not fly it yet. I got my Mini just a few hours ago. I hope it will work out. If it does or not i will post it over here.

It Seems to work. I connected, started the motors, so i think everything is gonna work well with Nokia 8.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU