DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Geofencing Was Inaccurate

Peter Hughes

Reactions
Just an observation from something I experienced whilst flying my M2p.

I started my Go4 app up and received a notification that I was in Class D airspace and should fly with caution.

I contacted my local ATC at Liverpool John Lennon Airport and was told that my location wasn’t in Class D airspace. Given the technology that ATC have at their disposal I tend to believe them.

What I’m now wondering is what is the point of DJI loading in geofencing with new areas “fenced off” for safety reasons (which I agree with) if they aren’t accurate?

Has anyone else experienced this or is this simply a one off? DJIs geofencing technology’s credibly seems a little suspect perhaps?

If it said you should fly with caution, that means you were still able to fly, correct?

According to DJI's GEO map the authorization and prohibited zones around the airport seem to be fairly small. How close were you to the airport?

If it said you should fly with caution, that means you were still able to fly, correct?

According to DJI's GEO map the authorization and prohibited zones around the airport seem to be fairly small. How close were you to the airport?

Hi, yes I could still fly with no problems at all. I just wanted to do the right thing and inform ATC I was flying.
According to my “Smart Speaker” John Lennon Airport is 12 miles away from where I was which is why I thought it strange that I should be getting any notifications.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711