DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Go 4 - is a no go.

Ahh, the old “Apple is crap, Android rules ok” argument..... AGAIN!
My iPad 2018 & iPhone X both run the latest (updated yesterday) DJI Go 4 and have absolutely no problems at all. Go search all the threads where Android users are having all sorts of issues.
No, I'm a Windows man, but as I have 4 android tablets, all different and they ALL work, yet my and my mates ipads refuse to play ball.
Say what you like but apple are losing the plot.

Reactions: tstillman
No, I'm a Windows man, but as I have 4 android tablets, all different and they ALL work, yet my and my mates ipads refuse to play ball.
Can’t be arsed to get into another slanging match!

Simple question.. Can you update your Ipad mini 4 IOS to either 10 or 11 ?

My ipad is a 16gb and I am on 10.3.3 and it works fine, although, it keeps bugging me to update to IOS 11. Haven't pulled the trigger on it yet though. I wanted to do more research to see what version is the best to run DJI Go 4.

BTW,... I also have a Nvidia Shield Tablet K1. I like using it as well but I just get tired of using the extra tablet holders..plus it Takes 10 mins just to get all the components hooked up and booted to go fly. Wish DJI made an "optional RC" with a built in screen like one of its competitors..like the ST16, sure it is large but very simple ...Just Power on and FLY without all the hassle (no more - what device works or doesn't?)

Last edited:
Mine is 9.3.5 and it wont work either.
Then it needs to be updated, and it needs to only because DJI decided to use functions that were added in newer versions (and didn't update the requirements on the app store page, but that's just "expected behavior" from them...), not becasue of "crApple".

You also can't run an android application that needs >X on <X.

Interesting, when I tried to download it I got this message.
I also confirmed ios as 9.4.1,View attachment 43202
the "If you update anything update everything" rule comes into play here.
New ipad, make sure it is updated to the latest IOS
New MP, make sure the firmware is up to date.
The latest GO4 wouldnt load on the Ipad I always used because the update was for the new IOS update. I forgot to update that ipad with the IOS when it came out, but after the IOS update the DJIGo loaded fine.
Maybe you missed this??
That IOS is NOT SUPPORTED!
If you cant get the latest IOS, then you do not have a Mini 4.
Again, update everything!

I call BS. All you have to do is go through this forum and count. IF what you say is true, your Mates must be using antique apple products.

I think I mentioned that I'm not fluent in Apple products.

Today when I sold my newly acquired iPad 4. The new buyer as happens to be a Mavic Pro pilot. He happily bought my tablet for his young son. About 10 minutes later he calls me with mystery solved. Turns out the person who sold me the table called it an iPad 4 when in reality it was an iPad 2.

He still wanted it for his son and we were both Happy.

Just to clarify, he uses a 16gig iPad 4 and has no problem using the DJI Go 4 app.

Thanks for everyone's input.

iOS 9.4.1 doesn't exist, the latest iOS9 release is 9.3.5...

Anyway you should update to current.
I'm sure I miss quoted the ios version, however it was the most current one for this device. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, are you certain it’s a Mini4. I had the same thing happen on and older model mini2 when I first bought my MP. Needed a more current model. Sounds silly but make sure it’s a 4 you actually have.
You are 100% correct in your diagnosis. Turns out I was sold an iPad Mini version 2 identified as a iPad mini version 4.

Reactions: Taylor1430
Yup, that's what I mentioned earlier already but he didn't reply. Need to look at the actual model number on the back (Model Axxxx)
Sorry for the slow reply spent the last 2 days with tech support on my Droid MotoZ and a failing battery. And yes you too were correct. Turns out it was an iPad 2 not a 4.

No slanging match here. Just stating the facts from my POV.
I certainly don't want a battle of wits as I don't fight unarmed people.
Sounds like your “facts” have been blown out of the water in this case

Sounds like your “facts” have been blown out of the water in this case
How you arrive at that conclusion?
Again, someone wanting an argument for no good reason. Pack it in. I said I had had issues with apple devices but no issues with my android tablets and I hate both them because im a Microsoft man.

I call BS. All you have to do is go through this forum and count. IF what you say is true, your Mates must be using antique apple products.
I have no idea what apple device he uses, its an ipad and that's all I know and the dji app wont load on it. Which is exactly the same issue I have.
As I use some work issued lg phone for my mavic controller which has one app, the nld dji go one, I have neither the desire or requirement to use any other device. I had several old android tablets and with the exception of the cheap Chinese android kitkat variant, it works on all of them.
THATS all I said and it ended up in a flame war FFS.
Chill the eff down.

Same here.
Just another reason to not use crApple devices IMHO.
Fortunately my crApple device was a freebie, I have a decent android tablet to use on mine.
That is a ridiculous statement- Go 4 works better with apple products- Ever notice when you go into a dji store that it looks like an apple store?? Well that's because they have joint business ventures together.

You are 100% correct in your diagnosis. Turns out I was sold an iPad Mini version 2 identified as a iPad mini version 4.
Glad this was figured out. Sometimes it’s hard to tell just by looking at it. Hopefully you didn’t get ripped off with a switcharoo

That is a ridiculous statement- Go 4 works better with apple products- Ever notice when you go into a dji store that it looks like an apple store?? Well that's because they have joint business ventures together.
Which is why they jacked up the app for Android with no intent on fixing it. Same lame stuff that turned people away from Apple, and to the competition.

Apple jacks up their iOS and OSX so that software and hardware, including third party no longer work. Lets jack the old phones up, throttle them down, make the apps not work as well and they'll have to buy new phones. Yeah!! great job!

It's working though. DJI MP guys are in turn buying iOS devices, but a good many others have sought out other competitive companies. Autel sales boomed when the Go4 app stopped working for Android, and users with $600-800 phones did not want to be forced into iOS.

Like many every day flyers, I use my drones for business. I have an iOS device and I have a newer Android device. iOS device don't like hot days. I have to have other options. Crystal Sky was my next big DJI purchase, but those users are also complaining of the app not working as it should. I am not spending for the CS if it is going to fail.

I did buy an EVO though. Going to try that out in a few days. From what I have seen, the app works beautifully on Android. Some firmware fixed some early bugs, but that happened on every drone I have bought from DJI too.

Last edited:
iPad mini 2 runs latest OS and Go4 is compatible. I think he’s had a full size ipad4 - I sold mine when it couldn’t update any further and bought a Pro. The mini 2 has limitations in that occasionally you get a processor maxed out message and the screen can hang for a bit which can be disconcerting.

I’m surprised that Apple haven’t updated the mini 4 as there is a place for that form factor, like inside a Mavic controller!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61