DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles - Immersive FPV Aerial Video Goggles

Crazy, in the video he turned his head and the camera/gimbal panned sideways........I had no clue that was possible, I thought the camera only went up and down???!! How do you pan the camera sideways with the remote?

Crazy, in the video he turned his head and the camera/gimbal panned sideways........I had no clue that was possible, I thought the camera only went up and down???!! How do you pan the camera sideways with the remote?

Yaw?

Reactions: sirrraj
Throws the whole portability benefit of the Mavic out of the game

Sure, spinning the whole Mavic is how I turn the camera, I assumed that means Yaw? If you watch close in the video, at one point he turns his head and ONLY THE CAMERA turns, not the drone. I never knew that was possible.

If you watch at about 14:15 in the video, he is turning the camera from side to side WITHOUT moving the drone.

If you watch at about 14:15 in the video, he is turning the camera from side to side WITHOUT moving the drone.

Yes the Mavic already can do that. It's in the menu options for the camera. It smooths out the yaw movement of the craft by adding a bit of gimbal turn before the craft Yaws.

Rob

Been waiting for a long time for these. Finely, the view through goggles will be true HD and not analog. I missed this round as DJI has already sold out on pre-order. Maybe by mid Summer they will have caught up. For those that have already ordered we will be getting lots of reviews I'm sure. Have fun!

Start your mavic without taking off, move the left stick left and right and see what happens. I was surprised too.

at one point he turns his head and ONLY THE CAMERA turns, not the drone. I never knew that was possible.
It isn't when using the controller.

The "without taking off" is not representative, when in flight you simply cannot turn the camera without having the aircraft follow like in the goggles video.

Look at the build on the DJI site and you'll see why they are so bulky - probably worth it.

I think a Lot of people are not getting the full extent of what these goggles can do.

They are not just super high resolution video glasses they also replace the need for a tablet or phone on the remote. It also has it's own built in Transmitters and Receivers for Occusync. From what it looks like you basically have a level of control over the craft from the goggles even if the battery went dead in the remote.

Some of this IMHO is a bit of overkill. I would have preferred if they just kept the Tablet/phone as the only CPU unit and also just linked the phone to the goggles via some wifi channel and therefore kept the power consumption lower. Those changes might have decreased the size quiet a bit, but I guess they wanted them to be a complete stand alone product.

Rob

so......why didn't they have a separate controller knob for gimble yaw in the first place? did they think the controller would be too 'busy'? I would like a dedicated roller on the controller...

First units are on their way, small numbers but more will be going out on Monday/Tuesday!

First time ever I think we can say that DJI beat one of their estimates for a new release ship date! :D

New pre-orders are still being estimated for early to mid June.

Buy DJI Goggles at Advexure

So, if I try to order from DJI, it is not until half- way through the order that it says none available. I called Advexur and they are expecting quite a few in the next few wks. My question is, does DJI having none available affect whether Advexur will truly be getting some in as hoped. I'm happy to order from them, but just didn't want to commit and end up waiting much longer than 'the first week of June'. The guy I spoke with said that he of course couldn't promise....I appreciated his honesty. Does anyone know if DJI being out affects other companies getting their orders? thx

I'd like to hear from someone who wears reading glasses and has tried them
I'm pretty sure I saw a non seller video somewhere that showed someone using their glasses and they said it was just fine....sry can't remember the link
but I was convinced as a glass wearer myself that I am going to buy any moment....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canuckdive