DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic Mini lost connection - Failsafe RTH not working - crashed into the water.

Well the other factor is that I get to play with the logs of a few incidents per week. They likely have hundreds per day to deal with. Maybe more.
So they could appoint you as the 'Professor', to analyse the ones they are not quite sure of.....
Then you would get hundreds per day to deal with. Maybe more.
;-)

I'm suspect Sar104 looks upon his analyses as a hobby and I marvel at how often he's spot on. I also appreciate that he's open to the suggestions of others, especially those new at these types of analyses. And when he's unsure he calls on help from one or two other senior members of the forum who specialize in these analyses. I'm sure DJI never acknowledges it but when a crash is accompanied by a Sar104 analysis, they pay very close attention.

But, a couple observations. Some forum members seem to feel Sar104 is obligated to analyse every crash and almost demand it. I see many "thank you's" but not nearly as many "Please" help attached to their requests. And some people under appreciate this extensive volunteer work and are downright rude to him at times especially in response to some of his comments regarding the drone community as a whole.

I also think what may now be a fun hobby would become perhaps and unpleasant obligation it he had to analyze 100's of incidents per week. Unless the pay was really, really, good!

I try not to over respond in the forum (72 in two years), but in this case, thanks Sar104 for everything you do.

I'm suspect Sar104 looks upon his analyses as a hobby and I marvel at how often he's spot on. I also appreciate that he's open to the suggestions of others, especially those new at these types of analyses. And when he's unsure he calls on help from one or two other senior members of the forum who specialize in these analyses. I'm sure DJI never acknowledges it but when a crash is accompanied by a Sar104 analysis, they pay very close attention.

But, a couple observations. Some forum members seem to feel Sar104 is obligated to analyse every crash and almost demand it. I see many "thank you's" but not nearly as many "Please" help attached to their requests. And some people under appreciate this extensive volunteer work and are downright rude to him at times especially in response to some of his comments regarding the drone community as a whole.

I also think what may now be a fun hobby would become perhaps and unpleasant obligation it he had to analyze 100's of incidents per week. Unless the pay was really, really, good!

I try not to over respond in the forum (72 in two years), but in this case, thanks Sar104 for everything you do.

Thanks for your kind words. I would say it's partly a hobby, partly volunteer support for the community, and partly useful development work with the data analysis programming which I use regularly to handle large quantities of data from physics experiments.

The requests for help don't bother me, even though some posters can be a bit demanding. I get slightly frustrated trying to explain flight control or even basic physics to people who are completely convinced that they are experts because they have flown manned aircraft, or watched a YouTube video, or whatever.

And then there is the non-technical side of the forum, which I sometimes get involved with in terms of regulation and aviation law. That certainly brings out some interesting attitudes.

Overall, however, this forum is a bastion of civility and informed discussion. I've learned a lot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica