DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mini 2 When adding 2nd battery I am limited on range

iowathumper

Reactions
When starting out with the first battery everything is great. When this battery dies and add the 2nd or third battery I am only allowed to go out to 160 foot range. Do I need to reset controller?

One other question. Once you get into the DJI app on phone how do you get out of it without turning your phone off?

When starting out with the first battery everything is great. When this battery dies and add the 2nd or third battery I am only allowed to go out to 160 foot range. Do I need to reset controller?

One other question. Once you get into the DJI app on phone how do you get out of it without turning your phone off?
I do not know about the battery/range issue. I have not noticed that behavior.
To get out of DJI app, you can back out or close(swipe)via recent apps.
More here.... How to close apps on Android - Give your memory a break!

I know on the Air 2 when I got stopped it was because the Battery Needed an Update.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: DJayI
When I doubt call DJI support. As large companies go they tend to be very responsive. Some support agents are more knowledgeable then others. It seems odd that your range is limited with a battery change. Do you shut down the drone before changing batteries? Have you tried re-initializing the app after you've experienced this issue? Gather as much detail as you can which will help DJI fix your issue. You may need a firmware update on the controller. There seems to be some bugs in their apps after recent iOS updates ( I had an issue over the weekend with the Go4 app). Again, I think a call to DJI support is the most logical step in solving your problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078