DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Moving to Cali!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My daughter has been serving active in the US Army for the past15 years. Her rank is presently Major. She is currently posted at the Pentagon, and works in Top Secret positions. English is her second language.
Oh, yeah . . . she is of Asian decent.

Respectfully request toning down.
Thank you.

My daughter has been serving active in the US Army for the past15 years. Her rank is presently Major. She is currently posted at the Pentagon, and works in Top Secret positions. English is her second language.
Oh, yeah . . . she is of Asian decent.

Respectfully request toning down.
Thank you.
theDroneRanger - My comment reflects the absolute frustration I received during a recent communication interaction with DJI customer service. In no way, shape or form was my intent to demean or denigrate ANY race, color or creed. In fact, one of my most treasured friends happens to be of Chinese descent and his son, a friend also, is my dentist. Regarding the recent interaction I had, I can only believe that many of the problems I encountered were due to a "lack of communication", which of course, is a two-way street.

A hearty "thank you" to your daughter. God bless her and her service to our country.

Understand and I sincerely thank you for the reply. I do not believe your intent to be malicious but rather was hoping to stop any possible responses that may be in the wrong from any posters. My apoligizes for seemingly to single you and the other out. I sincerely wish the best for you.

Most Respectfully
Jeffrey

Understand and I sincerely thank you for the reply. I do not believe your intent to be malicious but rather was hoping to stop any possible responses that may be in the wrong from any posters. My apoligizes for seemingly to single you and the other out. I sincerely wish the best for you.

Most Respectfully
Jeffrey
We're good my friend!

I always thought that using the terminology "Asian" is slightly better than the old term "oriental."
However, if I was, let's say, Japanese, I would be highly insulted that I was grouped in with the rest of the Eastern side of the Earth.
Personally, I don't see ANY connection between China and Japan. At all.

I'm not trying to start some huge debate but I find a little hypocrisy in those today that act all offended over nonsense.

I just gave you something to be offended over. If you're Japanese.

And just to get back on track, The silly "customer service" DJI offers is just pitiful.

Call Sony or Casio or Honda and see the difference. Not perfect but LIGHT YEARS above DJI.

Thank God they both produce quality products.

Reactions: Cymruflyer
and they say tariffs don't work..

They work. Just a blunt instrument is all. Politics ain’t easy, glad it’s not my decisions being judged by 4.5 billion people.

Either way. What ever the reason opening an office in the USA is a smart move that I suspect will be helpful to all us.

Reactions: sgrinavi
They've been in Burbank for years... before that Hollywood.

Other that a few engineering jobs most will be low wage positions performing assembly operations I suspect.

I always thought that using the terminology "Asian" is slightly better than the old term "oriental."
However, if I was, let's say, Japanese, I would be highly insulted that I was grouped in with the rest of the Eastern side of the Earth.
Personally, I don't see ANY connection between China and Japan. At all.

I'm not trying to start some huge debate but I find a little hypocrisy in those today that act all offended over nonsense.

I just gave you something to be offended over. If you're Japanese.

And just to get back on track, The silly "customer service" DJI offers is just pitiful.

Call Sony or Casio or Honda and see the difference. Not perfect but LIGHT YEARS above DJI.

Thank God they both produce quality products.
And Sony is a 80 year old company and DJI is 6 years old. And Sony 1000 product is a multi billion dollar international company and DJI is 8 product Chinese company. Talk about Apples to Oranges. By the way you ever call ATT customer service and last but not least what language are they speaking in Alabama?

I doubt having drone hardware assembly in the USA is going to alleviate any security concerns. If they moved the software development over here, that would be another story.

DJI stores have terrible workers.

Somewhat related to this thread is my question to all of you out there who are at the mercy of your local DJI dealer...I have found a general apathy amongst the workers at the DJI stores. When I bought my Mavic Air from Drone Nerds in my neighborhood in Miami, they were friendly, gave lessons, and couldn't do enough to help me. Then they went of business (actually, they went into commercial drone business). The next closest DJI store was 35 minute drive, and the help there were unfriendly and surly. I tried calling the only other DJI dealer in town for a question and came up with another unhelpful, unfriendly clerk. Just recently, I visited the DJI store in Reykjavik on an Iceland trip. Same story- rude and unfriendly clerk. Is this the general culture of the DJI stores generally? How have you out there found these stories to be in their willingness to help with a question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas