DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

theDRONEranger

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Relative in PA will be ordering a new DJI bird! Should be ordering in about one week. My understanding is DJI has differing levels of after purchase care. I’ve not had the DJI after purchase care in the past with my MA but would like for him to consider such care. I have managed to convince him to not even power up (and why, in relation to the DJI care programs) before I can advise. I often read of complete replacements, no cost repairs, and to hades with them all! I want him to have the best option DJI has to offer! Recommendations please. Just exactly what are the differing levels of after care does DJI offer? Benefits of each. Inputs please!

Last edited:
He is leaning between the MAVIC AIR or the SPARK. Not looking to sway him from one to the other, but only the care program. He’s saved up his farm help money from last year and is determined to purchase. I just want to make sure he’s got good after care.

Spark is more of a “selfy drone”. I have one.
The MA may be more functional.

I have DJICare Refresh on all three drones. After one use following a tree strike and 60’ fall, DJI had a new MPP in my hands in 8 days. That paid for the DJICare on all three drones. It does require return of the drone/ drone carcass. Other options may be available to you. I also have insurance as part of membership in AMA... That only pays $1k on drone, but offers $10k medical as well as $2.5 million liability. State Farm coverage is not available to me in AZ.

Spark is more of a “selfy drone”. I have one.
The MA may be more functional.

I have DJICare Refresh on all three drones. After one use following a tree strike and 60’ fall, DJI had a new MPP in my hands in 8 days. That paid for the DJICare on all three drones. It does require return of the drone/ drone carcass. Other options may be available to you. I also have insurance as part of membership in AMA... That only pays $1k on drone, but offers $10k medical as well as $2.5 million liability. State Farm coverage is not available to me in AZ.
Interesting, what is the difference between the DJI care programs?
I also ound one AMA club in the east outskirts of Colorado Springs, CO. Must check them out!

So, the standard REFRESH will repair/replace for a one year period, whereas, the REFRESH + will extend that for a second year?
Does the REFRESH + extend the REFRESH or is it simply extension of the standard warranty? If it is the standard factory warranty, is there an extension to the REFRESH available? (My understanding of the REFRESH program is that I pay nothing for any repair/replacement), whereas warranty may incur costs. Last question: Realizing, one must purchase the REFRESH at activation, or within 2 days of activation, is there a specified time period to purchase the REFRESH +, or may it be purchased simply prior to warranty end?

So, the standard REFRESH will repair/replace for a one year period, whereas, the REFRESH + will extend that for a second year?
Yes. See more details here:

You purchase Plus after you purchase Refresh, maybe also at the same time.
Not only does plus extend the refresh for a year with one extra replacement, it also extends the warranty, including components not normally covered for a full year except the battery and remote if I remember correctly. Refresh does not extend any warranty.

Note too that the extra refresh replacement availability does not kick in until after the first year when refresh expires.

If you miss your 48 hour window to purchase, you can submit a video to show it is in proper working order.

Many thanks for helping me be able to explain this to him.
Sounds like the REFRESH and REFRESH + may, both, be beneficial to him!
Thank you again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum