DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Seems that DJI could have extended a new discount code, but they chose not to for some strange reason. The OP has owned the fact they confused the valid dates, it happens. I have heard a lot of good CS stories recently so I am surprised (a little), to hear this. It's too bad they have taken that position on it. I hope the OP gets some satisfaction from them.

In the interest of hearing what the outcome is we will leave it open. Keep in mind we do have a rule about customer disputes. If everyone behaves it will stay open, if it goes off the rails it will be closed. Keep this in mind as you make your comments.

Community Rules

Reactions: dirkclod
Seems that DJI could have extended a new discount code, but they chose not to for some strange reason. The OP has owned the fact they confused the valid dates, it happens. I have heard a lot of good CS stories recently so I am surprised (a little), to hear this. It's too bad they have taken that position on it. I hope the OP gets some satisfaction from them.

In the interest of hearing what the outcome is we will leave it open. Keep in mind we do have a rule about customer disputes. If everyone behaves it will stay open, if it goes off the rails it will be closed. Keep this in mind as you make your comments.

Community Rules
train-off-the-rails.gif

Like this? :)

Thanks everyone for your opinions and feedback. I value them all. I am still waiting to hear back from DJI, they bumped up my request to the next tier of support, so they stated. It's only been two days since then so i will update this thread as soon as hear from them.

On a more positive note I received my first FAA Airspace Authorization today to fly in class E airspace, woo hoo. Hopefully I will have another drone by then...

Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Come on man, let you slide because you didn't read....Then let everybody slide .
Hate you messed up and I see where their support gives lots a hard time but now
all I see is a uncalled for rant.
Best to ya and me gone .

I lost my drone in the Outer Banks in N.C. back in late April. I lost connection, screen froze and I lost sight of drone behind sand dune. Last known location was 50 yards off shore. I could not retrieve. So I could not use my DJI Care Refresh.

DJI had me upload flight logs and they determined that I did nothing wrong a d offered me a 30% off coupon towards a drone only model. So I still had to come up with $531.00 for the replacement, which at that moment I did not have the funds. I finally had a client pay me for a a job I did and I went right into the DJI store and attempted to purchase the new Mavic Pro only model, punched in my coupon code and would you freaking know it, the *** thing expired 3 days earlier.

I contacted DJI and after being bounced around for an hour to different help desks, I was told my case was being renewed with this new information. About 4 hours later, I received this weak *** response. DJI blows as far a customer support. I guess they don't have to worry about pissing off the individual, little guys when you're as big as DJI. Not much else I can do I guess, except keep saving to get a replacement.

"Hi David,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
First of all, we would really like to thank you for your patronage in our products.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. This is certainly not the experience we want for you.
This will be hard for me to inform you, but the coupon code is only valid for one month and the coupon code cannot be renewed once it has expired.

I understand that no words can comfort you with this incident, but we will also need your kind understanding for this situation.

Your patience and kind understanding are greatly appreciated.

You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best regards,
Alvin
DJI Customer Support"

I have had similar problems with Amazon because I live out of the US and when I am back in the US I order stuff and take it with me to Mexico. I simply call up Amazon and explain that I won't be back in the US for 90 more days and generally they will work with me if I call them up BEFORE the expiration of the return policy--or in your case, the coupon. You should have been a bit more proactive and contacted them as soon as you got the 30-day coupon and asked how they could work with you. At the least, you would have been aware of the rigidness of their policy and could have possibly worked around the situation by borrowing a few bucks from family or friends.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
This is one reason why I no longer purchase DJI. You should never have received a coupon. If they say you did nothing wrong they should honor the DJI Care request.

Come on man, let you slide because you didn't read....Then let everybody slide .
Hate you messed up and I see where their support gives lots a hard time but now
all I see is a uncalled for rant.
Best to ya and me gone .

You are exactly the type of attitude I would not want working in my Customer Service group. The expiry date is just for managing any outstanding offers.

For 2 days it should just be honoured, period. If baddog has waited 6 months I could understand DJI’s position.

I expect that once a real person of some authority at DJI hears about this, it will be honoured and an apology with it.

That’s how you run a business.

Reactions: rsauder
I think not and not nothing for me to calm down on . You messed up and thats just the way it works. Or does here .
And yes you are asking them for a hand out .
Really!! What a crap attitude. Did you not read the part whereby DJI agreed that the drone was at fault yet still expect this guy to pay for a replacement? DJI customer care sucks. I put my Air in the water (all my own fault). I sent it off for a repair quote and they wanted to charge me more to repair than a replacement would cost ($849)!! When I pointed this out they offer a replacement drone for $640 I still need to replace the battery at another $80, so $720 for a drone and battery yet I can get a new unit with warranty, controller battery etc for only $80 more. Like I say, crap customer service. They have a lot to learn. I will be replacing my drone in Aug but whether or not it’s a DJI is still up in the air (excuse the pun)

Thanks everyone for your opinions and feedback. I value them all. I am still waiting to hear back from DJI, they bumped up my request to the next tier of support, so they stated. It's only been two days since then so i will update this thread as soon as hear from them.

On a more positive note I received my first FAA Airspace Authorization today to fly in class E airspace, woo hoo. Hopefully I will have another drone by then...

Good luck. While they might not be able to extend the expiration date on an expired code, did you (by any chance) simply ask for them to reissue another discount code? Might be worth a shot just in case there's a language barrier to overcome.

I know a few of you believe DJI should replace it under the DJI Care program. Problem is that they require the drone to be recovered. You need to read the details and abide by them if you pay for a warranty. This has happened to many operators who had them fall into the water and are unrecoverable.
I personally use State Farm for my drones to cover them. Cost me $60 a year to cover both my Mavic Pro & Mavic Air. They will pay me the full cost (I buy the fly more package) upon reported loss.

I know a few of you believe DJI should replace it under the DJI Care program. Problem is that they require the drone to be recovered. You need to read the details and abide by them if you pay for a warranty. This has happened to many operators who had them fall into the water and are unrecoverable.
I personally use State Farm for my drones to cover them. Cost me $60 a year to cover both my Mavic Pro & Mavic Air. They will pay me the full cost (I buy the fly more package) upon reported loss.

I saw in a previous post that you have to already have a State Farm policy, can you verify that please?

I said I would update this post when I heard back from the upgraded DJI support staff. This is what they wrote

FROM DJI On 6/20/2018

Dear David,

Thanks for getting back to us.
Normally the coupon code will only be valid for one month from the date that it is sent and the customer couldn't use it if it has expired.
But for your satisfaction, I will try to consult with our high-level department and check if we could extend the coupon code for another several days.
We will reply you soon if there is any update.

Thanks again for your patience. Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Dora
DJI Tech Support

DJI - The Future Of Possible

FROM DJI On 6/21/2018

Dear David,

Thanks for getting back to us.

I have just confirmed with our high-level department that we could extend the coupon code for you.
However, Mavic Pro without the remote controller and battery is out of stock now at DJI online store, even we extend the coupon code for you, you will still be unable to order the aircraft with it.
Please double confirm the following information:
- First and Last Name: David Smithers
- Shipping Address: 12 Maple Street, where ever , NY
- Phone number: 1-555-555-5555

We will use another way to arrange the 30% off discount for you. After we get your confirmation, we will transfer your case to the related department who will send you a quotation with the 30% off and you could pay the quotation via the payment link in the quotation. After the payment we will ship the aircraft to you directly.
Thanks again for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience caused. Have a nice day.
Best Regards,
Dora
DJI Tech Support

http://www.dji.com/

FROM ME TO DJI on 6/21/20

I still don't know what your offer means though. When will the "Mavic Pro without remote" version be available again?
My contact information is correct.
If I make the payment, how soon will you ship the aircraft? I prefer not to have my funds tied up for extended/unknown period of time.

Regards

David Terrazas

FROM DJI On 6/23/2018

We are not sure when Mavic Pro without remote controller and battery charger will be available again as we are not responsible for pre-sales issue.

Normally, after payment has been confirmed, we will arrange the replacement within 3-5 working days.
I have informed my colleagues to follow up on your case and they will send you a quotation list for Mavic Pro with 30% discount, excluding the remote and charger.

You may receive a few emails from us saying that you sent some units back to us. Please ignore them, as they are generated automatically by our workflow system.

Thanks again for your patience. Have a nice day.

Now I am waiting.....

The bottom line is that DJI should have just extended the coupon in the first place as it's a matter of basic customer service. I've only had my DJI drone a short time and thus far my experience has been very poor.

I knew they'd extend the coupon as it's only good for business. From all the customer service related stories I've read, I would've expected a response that you received from the 'lower level department'.

It seems as though every case needs to go to the higher level department for it to be looked at properly and understood.

Amazon gave me 30 days to return an item. I was in the middle of a remodel and sent it back at 60 days. I don't understand the time frame but the day after I put it in the mail, they credited my account.

I too experienced that with Amazon, I was 15 days out of the 30 days and the day I UPSed the item I got an email refund placed back to my card. That right there made me feel good about the service so I immediatly ordered another item. Win-win...

Reactions: Soonerdrone
Follow up on situation...DJI contacted me and honored the deal of 30% off the Mavic Pro (Drone only) purchase. They did not use the coupon code system this time. Instead I received an email, as if I had sent my drone in for a repair. The email read as follows....

###############################################

Dear Customer,

You repair service of Mavic Pro has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via Paypal.

Invoice

Customer: David Terrazas
Case No: CAS-1767846-N0W2T5
DJI Care Balance: 0.00(USD)
Quote Date: 06-26-18
Remarks:

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Mavic 8330 Quick-release Folding Propeller (CCW) 2 4.50 9.00
Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal (Excluding remote controller, Battery, Battery Charger, Propellers, SD Card, and AC Cable) 1 696.00 696.00
Mavic 8330 Quick-release Folding Propeller (CW) 2 4.50 9.00
Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery (20) 1 89.00 89.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 803.00
Discount: -281.05
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 521.95

Payment by Paypal: Payment Links

I did think it was odd that they specifically said in the email that they were excluding the battery. I followed up with an email and got a response the next day stating that the battery was indeed included. The drone should be here July 5th...woo hoo!!!

Follow up on situation...DJI contacted me and honored the deal of 30% off the Mavic Pro (Drone only) purchase. They did not use the coupon code system this time. Instead I received an email, as if I had sent my drone in for a repair. The email read as follows....

###############################################

Dear Customer,

You repair service of Mavic Pro has been quoted by our repair team. Please refer to the invoice below and complete your payment via Paypal.

Invoice

Customer: David Terrazas
Case No: CAS-1767846-N0W2T5
DJI Care Balance: 0.00(USD)
Quote Date: 06-26-18
Remarks:

Item Quantity Unit Price(USD) Total Price(USD)
Mavic 8330 Quick-release Folding Propeller (CCW) 2 4.50 9.00
Mavic Pro Aircraft & Gimbal (Excluding remote controller, Battery, Battery Charger, Propellers, SD Card, and AC Cable) 1 696.00 696.00
Mavic 8330 Quick-release Folding Propeller (CW) 2 4.50 9.00
Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery (20) 1 89.00 89.00
Freight: 0.00
Total Amount: 803.00
Discount: -281.05
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Total Payment: 521.95

Payment by Paypal: Payment Links

I did think it was odd that they specifically said in the email that they were excluding the battery. I followed up with an email and got a response the next day stating that the battery was indeed included. The drone should be here July 5th...woo hoo!!!
Righteous!

I lost my drone in the Outer Banks in N.C. back in late April. I lost connection, screen froze and I lost sight of drone behind sand dune. Last known location was 50 yards off shore. I could not retrieve. So I could not use my DJI Care Refresh.

DJI had me upload flight logs and they determined that I did nothing wrong a d offered me a 30% off coupon towards a drone only model. So I still had to come up with $531.00 for the replacement, which at that moment I did not have the funds. I finally had a client pay me for a a job I did and I went right into the DJI store and attempted to purchase the new Mavic Pro only model, punched in my coupon code and would you freaking know it, the *** thing expired 3 days earlier.

I contacted DJI and after being bounced around for an hour to different help desks, I was told my case was being renewed with this new information. About 4 hours later, I received this weak *** response. DJI blows as far a customer support. I guess they don't have to worry about pissing off the individual, little guys when you're as big as DJI. Not much else I can do I guess, except keep saving to get a replacement.

"Hi David,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
First of all, we would really like to thank you for your patronage in our products.

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. This is certainly not the experience we want for you.
This will be hard for me to inform you, but the coupon code is only valid for one month and the coupon code cannot be renewed once it has expired.

I understand that no words can comfort you with this incident, but we will also need your kind understanding for this situation.

Your patience and kind understanding are greatly appreciated.

You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

Best regards,
Alvin
DJI Customer Support"

When something like this comes up I like to say policies are made by people.
If you think about it it's costing me over $500 because I was a couple days late.
Isn't there a person there that can override this 'inconvenience' as you call it that was most likely decided by a form letter.

So I have to follow up again on this thread, just because I could not make this sh^^t up, really!!!!

So DJI finally sent me a Mavic Pro Only drone (no charger, no controller, yes the battery was included), it arrived today. Here is the kicker though...on June 16th I received a text from an unknown number with this image!!! with a message stating "I found your drone at the Outer Banks, NC."

Recovered-Mavic.jpg

Even after I tried repeatedly to re-connect to my Mavic by powering down controller and and then powering back up , it always came back with this image as last known location in the DJI Go App...

last-known-location.jpg

The woman that found the drone was staying the same vacation house as we did. She found the drone in a sand dune about 100 feet, straight out from the house, toward the beach...I did not even think to look there. We were at the beach house for another week after the I lost the Mavic. I probably looked out off the deck, toward the beach 100 more times during that week and never saw it. It is not like I was looking for it though.

She said she would send it back to me as long as I covered the cost of shipping which I did, but she was going to be on vacation for two weeks so she could not get it until the end of the month. We took care of all the shipping logistics and my beached drone showed up July 1st, intact but full of sand, some rust cover screws & nuts, plus a swollen battery.

I contacted DJI and notified them as soon as I actually had possession of my beached/damaged drone. I wanted to try and use the remainder of my DJI Care refresh policy to get a replacement for $150.00. The policy expires July 18th 2018, so I tried to take care of this ASAP. But without me knowing DJI transferred the remaining portion of my Care Refresh policy to the new drone I just purchased from them. Yes, the one I had to repeatedly go back and forth with on the Coupon Code issue...

DJI sent me another one of those boiler plate, overly apologetic, form letter, email's stating that there was nothing they could. They could not transfer the policy back to my original drone. I even offered to send the new drone back, so they would not think I was trying to pull a fast one on them, this entire time. Nope DJI refused they got my $531.00 and they were keeping it. I would have rather spent $150.00 then the $531.00 though. So yes...who ever made the statement last time about me ranting over my own screw up about missing a coupon code expiration deadline...
NOW I AM FREAKING RANTING I think DJI builds a great aircraft, but as far as customer service and business practices go, THEY SUCK!

The next big drone manufacturer that can start building comparable aircraft or better aircraft than the DJI's product line and offer good customer service and better business practices should easily put a huge dent in DJI's market share or surpass them.

Okay, now I am sending my damaged drone to Thunderdrones for repair. At least I will have a backup drone now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121