DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair + Customer Service = Disconnected/Incompetent/Pointless

GTMonster

Reactions
So my gimbal decided mid flight to do strange things out of the blue. I RMA and return it for repair. While I'm tracking it through the post, I remember that there is a slight issue with what looks like over exposure... blacks always appear slightly grey. Dam...

So I input my RMA to input further information and low and behold, there is no way to contact the repair centre or add info to the existing repair instructions.

I put another RMA in for the camera issue in the hope that the serial number would link the RMA. No...

So I call are good friends DJI on the London phone number... And get through to a Chinese call centre. Good English, but there is clearly a language divide. After reiterating myself 10 times I finally make the lady understand that the gimbal and camera are 2 totally different issues. She says that 2 RMAs may cause confusion she combines the second RMA with the first. Or so I thought...

So I receive a notification that the gimbal controller PCB was the issue. What about the camera??

So I look to see if I can now add notes to the RMA now it had been looked at. No.

So I call our friends on the Netherland phone number where the repair centre is. No... I'm back in China!

So I explain yet again... Again good English but the same frustrating language barrier means that she's not grasping what I'm saying. She does finally understand. Does she call the repair centre, email them, message them or text them direct... No. She adds another note to the RMA in the same fashion that they previously ignored.

So my Mavic is home and I now have to yet again RMA it for the camera issues.

Amazing tech, but with typical once we have your money c##p after sales that I have come to expect from 90% of Chinese companies!!

I may as well have spoken into a plant pot!!!

Yes DJI customer service is deplorable. On top of the fact that now you have all of the Xmas gift pilots putting in claims.

When I try to submit the new repair for this, I'm advised that
Repair plan: Unavailable!!!! (since when, it was before the last repair)

I have DJI Refresh on this item and I am still under warrantee!!! I'm a custom quad / hex builder. I wanted the easy life so got a DJI product. I'm starting to regret doing so big time now!

I'm 99.0000% sure that they did...

I'm not with the quad to check the serial on the underbelly, but the arms and body still have my red carbon protective skin on them.... I don't think that they would have changed the underbelly, without the top.

Also I received a photo of the defective gimbal controller with an invoice advising covered under warrantee. There was no mention of the camera issue.

Why, when I now try to RMA it again is the service plan status showing unavailable. Are you only able to RMA once? Has the service plan been removed/cancelled for some reason?

Well I've been on the phone to customer services again... totally useless. He (this time) advised that the flight test would have picked up camera exposure issues. I tried to explain yet again that you would never notice the issue on a flight screen, but only while viewing a picture or flight video from the on-board SD card on a large screen. It didn't seem to make a difference.

He also confirmed my expectations in that the level of communications between customer support and the repair centre was via non-instantaneous online chat messaging only.

He's obviously never had any flight experience or seen how they work! Typical call centre scripted minion! After my call, he probably took a repair call for a microwave oven.

Are you only able to RMA once? Has the service plan been removed/cancelled for some reason?

Some people have RMA'd a few times until DJI gets it right. You can try to chat with them again, as frustrating as it might be, and ask them for a new RMA, that the drone is not repaired and you want to send it back to them. It does sound like they sent you back your original drone.

You can tell them that the system will not let you create an RMA, and you can ask them to create one for you.

Sounds like a bit of a nightmare.

How long did it take for repair from collection to delivery?

Trying to get an idea before I send mine to Netherlands.

It's not been bad time wise TBH. Just over a week and a half... That said because of poor customer services for me it will now be 3 plus weeks!

It's not been bad time wise TBH. Just over a week and a half... That said because of poor customer services for me it will now be 3 plus weeks!
I've been holding off on a camera replacement but now the snow has hit, I'll get it organised this week. Cheers

Make sure you get all the information into the RMA as once you have submitted it and the quad is posted you have high quality Chinese customer services until its return... NONE.

Reactions: Former Member
Make sure you get all the information into the RMA as once you have submitted it and the quad is posted you have high quality Chinese customer services until its return... NONE.
Will do. cheers

Well I’m glad to see that I’m not the only one with the bad experience with the call center. I’m here in the Alabama, US. My mavic decided on its 4th flight with only 13 mins total flight time since I took it out of the box to fly away. I immediately filed a fly away claim sent them all the info I could from my rc, flight logs etc. thank you we are investigating this claim. In the meantime I’m looking for my drone. 11 days later I find it, contact them and tell them hey I have it what now. Sent me a return label I shipped it. 6 days later it makes it across the states to California. I get an email saying they have received it and to follow the progress in the dji app. So I am, after 4 days of following it in which it specifically states “1-3 business days to ***** the damages” I have yet to hear anything. I mean wth is going on right?! So I talk to them today via online chat, he states based on his resources it shows my drone has been assessed and is getting repaired at this time. Well what was wrong with it and what are y’all doing to it? I don’t know sir. Errrrrr!! Well what do I need to do to find out??? Just have to wait maybe you will hear from them tomorrow... seriously that’s your best answer?! I call them and the girl I can’t hardly understand says well we’re still waiting on your data to be sent to us to analyze.. are serious lady you have my drone what more do you need it has everything there so idk wth is going on. Please pray lol will keep y’all posted btw

DJI has no reason to change their poor product production and poor customer service as long as they are making money hand over fist. There is no true competition to go up against DJI at this particular time. As long as people continue to buy their inferior products, DJI will never change. Mine started acting up 2 weeks out the box in oct of 2017. At this time I do not want to risk sending it to the repair center. Maybe one day the money will stop flowing into DJI and they will begin to take care of their loyal customers and start making a quality product. Until then, good luck everyone.

Well an update to my horrible experience of fly away issue and a ridiculous excuse of support, but I got an email stating my case has been completed and in detail found the mavic to have an error and no fault of the user. Whoo right?! Yes just received my new mavic Friday and gotta say I’m so glad to be back in the air!!!

It's got to be said that DJI have done me well too. It was just painfully stressful getting there!

Couldn’t agree with you more! You know, some of us have a lot tied up in our toys/equipment and if you haven’t spent it and watched it crash or no longer work, then you have no idea what it’s like to sit and not have it for the month or two they keep it doing god know what or not. Who know wth they do that long with it lol[emoji23][emoji23]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31