DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI selling M2P and M2Z with Smart Controller.

DJI is 'waiting' for US approval of their new system.
The US gov is shutdown (1-14-19) so we will wait.
and wait, and wait...
Personally, I an WAITING for DJI engineering to FIX
the Short Range Problem M2P with Racing Edition
Black Goggles!
I had considered getting the Smart - Troller then
utilizing the HDMI out put to my Goggles to fly FPV.
But dang blast it - I know that as soon as I drop the
649 buckeroos, DJI will have FIXED the range issue!
Murphy says so.
Also, it is my understanding that the Nvidia K1 with
HDMI output, will do the same thing for $400 Less!
So...I am Waiting.

I am going to be getting one of these. Stock has not arrived to Canada yet though (I am told end of month). I love the idea of it (no more dealing with phones/cables) and it's actually a really good deal (only a $500 premium for the bundle in Canada, which is less than the cost of a 5.5" Crystalsky). YouTube reviews have all been very positive with good things to say about build quality, etc. I just need to get the dimensions and make sure it fits in my bag but it should.

On it's own the controller is $889 CAD which is a little less affordable but I don't think many will be buying it as a standalone.

Im sure this device will make alot of people happy, especially those who are used to using the standalone.CS. I will have a hard time justifying dumping my S9+ for this device, but that's just me.

The sad thing is that its not backwards compatible with the MP or MPP.

Im sure this device will make alot of people happy, especially those who are used to using the standalone.CS. I will have a hard time justifying dumping my S9+ for this device, but that's just me.

The sad thing is that its not backwards compatible with the MP or MPP.

A DJI rep at CES said future updates will make it backward compatible, but that doesn't seem like something that is confirmed yet. It's a good deal for people who don't already own a M2...if you already have one controller and need to buy this one separately, maybe not so much.

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown