DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pork N Beer

Reactions
Got a Mavic in February and really liked it. Then I got a vision sensor problem about 4 months after getting it. DJI told me to format SD card and update firmware. That worked, so all good. 2 weeks later got same thing so I repeated the procedure and and nothing worked. Tried recalibrating using DJI assistant 2 it's pretty clear the right sensor doesn't work. Faults say to arrange for service, so contacted DJI and they sent a shipping label, all good so far, except it was good going across the country, so there's a week then another 4 days to diagnose and then I get a bill for $75 because they are going to use DJI refresh to replaced it because it wasn't a manufacturing defect!!!!! Now waiting 3 days to consider if being in the warranty period means anything to this company!! What could I possibly do to break a vision sensor that it would be my fault???

I'll let you know what happens but at this point I won't buy another DJI product or recommend. Guess it's GoPro next time. To bad service ruins what should be a great product. Spent over 1500 on drone and accessories and it lasts 5 months. NOT COOL! I live in Michigan so summers are short and the Mavic is spending most of the time in California. Worst service ever!

Its hard for me to understand how you can say DJI's service is horrible based on this experience. . DJI has had the drone for a week, analyzed the issue, given you a bill, & is in the process of reviewing your claim. Sounds like great service to me. Just wait until your GoPro breaks & it takes months for them to even look at your problem.

That is unacceptable.

It is drone season in northern North America.
They should resolve it immediately so you can get flying again.
It'll be blistering cold and snowy in Michigan in the blink of an eye.

Just utterly rubbish service imo.

They say it was not a defect and, so far, you don't appear to have found out any information about this or even spoken with them about what the issue was. You can't fault someone when you don't appear to know why you might disagree.

Its hard for me to understand how you can say DJI's service is horrible based on this experience. . DJI has had the drone for a week, analyzed the issue, given you a bill, & is in the process of reviewing your claim. Sounds like great service to me. Just wait until your GoPro breaks & it takes months for them to even look at your problem.
My problem is, A) its malfunctioned. It's a $1000 product, I would like it to last longer than 5 months. B) clearly should be addressed as a warranty claim as it is under the 6 months (pretty short in my opinion) warranty period for obstacle avoidance. C) when questioned about the warranty aspect it takes them days, and still waiting, to address it. D) first thing they did was just lump it under DJI Refresh, so they can fix mine for a small fee and sell it as refurbished and I have to pay the deductible and then buy DJI refresh again, if I want the protection that I really bought the DJI refresh for.

They say it was not a defect and, so far, you don't appear to have found out any information about this or even spoken with them about what the issue was. You can't fault someone when you don't appear to know why you might disagree.
I did speak with them, and the people that you are talking to aren't qualified to speak at any technical level whatsoever, part of the disastisfaction with the service. It's like talking to the car salesman and he says I have to go back to my manager to find the price.

I did speak with them, and the people that you are talking to aren't qualified to speak at any technical level whatsoever, part of the disastisfaction with the service. It's like talking to the car salesman and he says I have to go back to my manager to find the price.

A lot of times people will say its a manufacturing issue & then you find out they had a small crash or a hard landing. I imagine DJI thinks its unusual for a vision sensor to fail after a few months so that's why they didn't initially cover it as a manufacturing issue.

So another week and nothing from DJI. Ive talked to them twice and nothing yet. They promised there would be an update closer of business Thursday, on Friday night I called and and I got was maybe next week. I have now missed 2 events that I wanted to record that I missed. So far DJI has had my drone for most of the month of July. The horrible service continues.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom