Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller......New Firmware Again...V01.00.0880

Release notes:

Fixes crashing issues and improves App stability
Add Local Data Mode.

Installing now...Stand by this thread for any issues :p

Doing a OTA Again...Oh Lord help me ;)

So far main download to SC went without a hitch...
Install:

16% stuck for 4 min (ish) again :)
straight to 98% delay there for about 2 minutes

Reboot to installing system update...several times (3?)

All done no issues, nothing noted that changed App Wise...might have missed it though.
Fly App 1.2.2
Go4 4.3.38

I have tried the update 3 times now, and it hangs and times out at 16% complete. I first tried it using assistant 2, and then twice through the SC direct. All three times it hangs at 16%, although I did notice it is much faster through SC direct than it is through assistant 2. On the notes on SC screen during updating it says: "update when battery is over 20%" (which it is) and "memory space is over 3GB" (I don't know, but mine only has what came on it new). I have aborted the effort for now and will try to figure out what I have for free space and try again tomorrow.

Seems like I recall that the last SC update was only beneficial to Mavic Air 2 owners and that some reported issues after the update when using the SC with the Mavic Pro 2. I did the initial update then reversed it. I guess I'm leery of these updates and their impact to Mavic Pro 2.

I tend to find after each fail you have to manually delete the rm500 folder to free up enough space to allow the next attempt to try.

Trying to update smart controller it is stuck on checking for updates please wait going on 20 minutes now

Ota update worked fine on a slow Internet connection (40 minutes DL) and Installation Pause at 16%. Still the -90 degree compass offset in the fly APP. How long can it last to fix this old issue....

Got my Air 2 yesterday and spent all day charging batteries and finally got the Smart Controller charged. Got message about the firmware update and remembered the bad stories about updates not finishing or not even starting and other reasons. I bit the bullet and and started it and watched as it did about 1% every minute. Very slow. It finally finished and went on with the install. It all took about 3 hours and the battery needed charging again which is happening now. Question: When the battery is fully charged, do the 4 leds keeping blinking or do they go out when it's charged? Also before I started the currenting charging it also told me there are 2 more firmwares waiting to be updated. Before this is all done I will be an old man..................Oh, wait a minute, I am an old man already.

Reactions: Vague Nerd
I presently have version V01.00.0860 installed and when I turn it on I get no indication that there is a update available -- how would I normally receive notification - I am a novice so please forgive my ignorance.

I have tried the update 3 times now, and it hangs and times out at 16% complete. I first tried it using assistant 2, and then twice through the SC direct. All three times it hangs at 16%, although I did notice it is much faster through SC direct than it is through assistant 2. On the notes on SC screen during updating it says: "update when battery is over 20%" (which it is) and "memory space is over 3GB" (I don't know, but mine only has what came on it new). I have aborted the effort for now and will try to figure out what I have for free space and try again tomorrow.

Update: I remembered reading on here a few times about removing the SD card during updating. So I pulled the card out and tried the update again. I ran the update with the SC direct through wifi. It did stall at 16% for a while, but got past that and finished. It did reboot a couple of times (2 I think), but finished the installation well. I took it out and gave it a try (after reinstalling the SD card), and it seems to work fine. I do use go4 (M2Z) and wasn't having any problems before, but it still seems to work fine.

I have version V01.00.0860 installed.
Click on System Updates - Checking for updates Please wait - waited 20 mins still same message
Turned SC off
When I turned it back on some 15 mins later went to system Update and clicked on "Check for Updates" and the following message appeared for about 2 seconds "Failed to get server information - Please check your network connection"
Checked and this was the information I received"
Status - Connected
Signal Strength - Excellent
Link Speed - 54Mps
Freq - 2.4Ghz
Also checked the 5.8Ghz with the same result.
This also happened when I tried to update to v01.00.0860 but I eventually gave up and used Assistant 2 for Mavic with success although not without having to have a couple of "failed" attempts.
Before repeating that process I would really like to solve this network connection problem and would really appreciate any comments , advice etc
Just want to close by saying I thought spending 1099AUD on the SC would make things simpler and perhaps even easier in the DJI / Mavic universe but to date it has been a genuine 22 carat pita.
I removed the SD card prior to starting.
Probably gathered by now that I am totally frustrated and p....d off with this in its entirety!! Amen

Last edited:
Would you be kind enough to tell a "novice" how you do that -- thanks in anticipation
Either plug into a computer and use the normal file browser or install a file manager onto the SC itself.

As others have said, make sure the SD card is removed before updating too.

It’s supposed to be in the Go4 or Fly app, but in DJI statements I found online, it state you have to be running .38 version of the Go app. The current Go4 on the SC is still .36 at the moment.

It’s supposed to be in the Go4 or Fly app, but in DJI statements I found online, it state you have to be running .38 version of the Go app. The current Go4 on the SC is still .36 at the moment.
This update to the SC is Go4 4.3.38 as reported in first post :)

Reactions: WingmanLobo
I am currently running .38. Still don’t show up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1