DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller......New Firmware Again...V01.00.0880

Yes. I was wrong. I overlooked and the latest update did install .38. Like you, I see it nowhere as well.

Talked to DJI support they don’t have any idea took my email and going to get back to me.

I don't know if I would call it standard android. It's a very old proprietary version. One would think if DJI thought that .40 was good for the SC , they would have pushed it with this last firmware release. Personally I see no need to go beyond what they gave with this release. If it ain't broke don't fix it...YMMV :)

I installed it may regret it. I’ll try it tomorrow if it’s not snowing and or wind blowing 40

I installed it and just flew a battery worth without any issues. The local data option is available in the privacy section of the “me” in the bottom of the Go4 application. It works. No maps though. Compass however was spot on. Hope this helps.

Me has always been there. Even Go for before P4 (Go 3) has it there.

So, DJI abandoned or was blocked to distribute updates in Google Play even for Go4 now.
That's going to be a pain to have to manually check for and install all DJI app updates on all my Android devices.
No What’s New shown.

But yet they now use Google Maps.

I just noticed DJI goofed with regards to Go3. Their site download lists version 3.1.59 for Android, but the latest version in Play is 3.1.61.

So, DJI abandoned or was blocked to distribute updates in Google Play even for Go4 now.
Not really. Its often the case that the play version lags behind the website for a few weeks.
Even once released it takes a while to get to all devices.

it came up with a ’failed to update’ flag, and prompted me to retry. This entailed it starting the download all over again, and I lost the will to live at that point!
Personally, I always do updates to my SC and MA2 via the Assistant app. I find the updates always run more consistently, although the actual update portion shouldn’t make any difference. I have a 1000Mbos internet connection, so the downloads go much faster.

Not really. Its often the case that the play version lags behind the website for a few weeks.
Even once released it takes a while to get to all devices.
Yes but in the past the download section had two options for Android to obtain the app, a link to Google Play, and one for direct download. Not anymore.
And the release notes for Fly based models explicitly state you have to download so it follows it's the same for Go.

I found a bug with Go for Android .40.
If you click on the sync icon in the Flight Record screen, the dialog is in Chinese.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada