DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller......New Firmware Again...V01.00.0880

Turned on the SC, it said a system update is available. Tapped on System Update, it went to a screen that said "Checking for Updates" and had three dots lighting up in succession. It stayed on that screen for 30 minutes before I finally gave up and shut it off.

Interesting... Ran update successfully (as per previous post), charged the batteries, flew for 15 minutes one each, and took a few days rest (weather related). Started to charge last night and got the "Battery Firmware...." update available on the first battery. Updated number one, charged number two... no message. Charged number three.... no message. MA2 turned off, SC off, restarted both and got the Battery Firmware update due message again. Updated Battery number three. Checked number two again... no request to update firmware !!! Goofy. Unpredictable. Wish there was a way to determine which version of firmware was installed in batteries.

Release notes:

Fixes crashing issues and improves App stability
Add Local Data Mode.

Installing now...Stand by this thread for any issues :p

Doing a OTA Again...Oh Lord help me ;)

So far main download to SC went without a hitch...
Install:

16% stuck for 4 min (ish) again :)
straight to 98% delay there for about 2 minutes

Reboot to installing system update...several times (3?)

All done no issues, nothing noted that changed App Wise...might have missed it though.
Fly App 1.2.2
Go4 4.3.38
No noticeable issues ... all occurred as stated during the update :)

HI I JUST BOUGHT SMART CONTROLLER last week last night i charger it up then did upgrades at the end it had air2 on the list of drones ready to connect so if this is right it was easy sounds to good to be true, now got to get a drone air2 or mavic 2 zoom question is which one help me decide thanks rigsby

Upgraded mine a few days ago, have noticed Litchi crashes more than it used to now, was quite stable on previous version.

Well, went through these posts and though 'should I or shouldn't I'? Needed to get the SC out and check charge anyway, so what the heck. Removed SD, needed reboot, left charge cable in charging, and started upgrade. Had organsised a few things to do in office whilst presumed long wait, watched with trepidation the progress. Our internet is via satellite because of our remote location, but was continously supprised with the overall progress, called my Son who has an MA2, had short conversation, before I was finished, job going through multiple reboots. Viola, would say complete job took 20-25mins total. Haven't flown yet so can't comment, but really didn't have issues other than self inflicted. Still have the 6 aircraft choice to connect to, all else seems same.

Thanks for this forum anyway, keeps me up to date with issues and features I don't seem to encounter. Only use units for farm/property/livestock mangement etc in very remote area, and a few recreational trips around unchartered territory, great for closer navigation.

why does my drone say it is already up to date? i have not updated firmware for months. also, where can i check to see the version it is currently? thanks!

why does my drone say it is already up to date? i have not updated firmware for months. also, where can i check to see the version it is currently? thanks!
Likely due to the variable release times DJI seems to use for different areas around the world....

How long did you allow it at 16% before you considered it a fail?
Or did it actually quit on its own or produced an error?
It’s standard mine took forever at 16% then again through a couple other spots just do it let your computer screen go black it will screw it up, mine finished and been flying a lot and all software is running smoothly

Release notes:

Add Local Data Mode.

Install:

All done no issues, nothing noted that changed App Wise...might have missed it though.
Fly App 1.2.2
Go4 4.3.38
no issues on mine

Interesting... Ran update successfully (as per previous post), charged the batteries, flew for 15 minutes one each, and took a few days rest (weather related). Started to charge last night and got the "Battery Firmware...." update available on the first battery. Updated number one, charged number two... no message. Charged number three.... no message. MA2 turned off, SC off, restarted both and got the Battery Firmware update due message again. Updated Battery number three. Checked number two again... no request to update firmware !!! Goofy. Unpredictable. Wish there was a way to determine which version of firmware was installed in batteries.
I found restarting the app or RC (not sure if it's one or both) is needed for it to detect the next battery needs an update.

Release notes:

Add Local Data Mode.

Install:

Fly App 1.2.2
Go4 4.3.38
is it worth the £600 for the smart controller is it worth the money I only paid £765.00 for the drone asking as screen is small when flying by phone

Yes, the app freezes for a few seconds.. then a dialogue appears on screen saying "App not responding. Terminate App -or- Wait for app to respond." Is anybody suffering the same issue?
UPDATE: DJI FLY 1.2.2 CRASHING on DJI Smart Controller running firmware V01.00.0880 flying Air 2
App Freezing & Crash Issues have been rectified.. for now.

DJI Fly 1.2.2 crash: Intermittently mid-flights
DJI Fly 1.2.2 crash trigger: Immediately when returning to Home Screen of DJI Fly

Steps taken:
Remove SD card on DJI SC
Attempted to REFRESH firmware of same version on DJI SC using DJI Assistant 2 = FAILED twice
Attempted to DOWNGRADE firmware on DJI SC using DJI Assistant 2 to V01.00.0860 = FAILED twice
Performed a Factory Reset on DJI SC. First time DJI FLY ran, it asked for various permissions, I disabled a few. = Crashed.
Performed another Factory Reset again, this time enabling all permissions on DJI Fly = SUCCESS.

Since before-mentioned Firmware Refreshes, and Downgrades have failed multiple times, I wouldn't celebrate this success. That said.. this isn't the first time I've had issues with DJI SC updates, each time things seem to work out, eventually.

Attachments

• 20210117_202006.jpg
    20210117_202006.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210117_202010.jpg
    20210117_202010.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 13
  • 20210117_202021.jpg
    20210117_202021.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20210117_202030.jpg
    20210117_202030.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 12
  • 20210117_202036.jpg
    20210117_202036.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210117_202051.jpg
    20210117_202051.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 14
is it worth the £600 for the smart controller is it worth the money I only paid £765.00 for the drone asking as screen is small when flying by phone
It depends.. you get 1000nit screen, HDMI out, zero hassles for cables, flies multiple DJI Drones with Ocusync 2.0 (I'm expecting MINI 2 will appear soon on the list), fair amount of battery that you can charge mid-flight (provided that you have PD portable charger), still have your phone with you (so girlfriend can call you and tell you to stop this nonsense and come home).

For me yes.
Its a smaller screen but one i can actually see in bright sunlight as opposed to hide in shade (if there is any) or with a towel on my head.
I can also be flying within 20 seconds, no messing with clamps, mounts, cables, tablets, loading apps and so on. This means i generally do more flying as its less faff.

Very good battery life for multiple flights.

I do wish it had a bigger screen though. And the DJI survey they sent out last month asked multiple times about larger screen options so i guess they're considering it.

Reactions: maurotandoi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98