DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI tello

steve_epie

Reactions
was thinking about picking up one of these as a gift. a quick google search tells me i shouldn't need to register this drone correct? just wanted to double check

Would help to know what country you’re in.

No- the Tello weighs less than 100 grams (80 from memory) so exempt from registration, probably in every country given the weight requirements. While jurisdictions that require registration have different limits the lower threshold seems to be 150 grams.

Not begrudging posting here, but FYI Pilots has a site for the Tello (but not the app).

It is a neat little guy. I just wish it had an onboard SD slot for recordings.
For $10 TelloFPV adds neat features such as Return Home. Relies on dead reckoning since it doesn't have a GPS. Pretty accurate considering no GPS. Video streaming recordings are a problem with the app. I'll need to play with the video bitrate setting.

The Tello is fun! Flies well in the house. Be sure all your lights are on as it has a visual sensing system that needs good light.

Love mine! Gets me through the bad weather months, and something to annoy my husband with while he’s glued to TV (football season!).

Reactions: BobH8655
It works with certain iPhones, I have a 6s and it works fine, If you go to there web site I believe that info is listed.

Do you have the actual url for the website? Searches just come up with these discussion forums and YouTube videos. So far, I’ve not found any indication that it is downloadable for iOS.

There are lots of apps written for the Tello. I believe there is an iOS version of the "official" app though.

I facilitate a drone workshop. Thanks to Drone Valley posting on YT for his 3 favorite drones for under $100, one of the members bought this. I followed suit a week later. Now we share ours in the class so everyone can get comfortable piloting.

Before this, I was thinking of letting others pilot my P3A, as long as they promised not to descend after I got it in the air. My other idea was a 2nd remote for my M2Z but I was too cheap to get another RC.
After seeing everyone's pilot skills, I'm glad we have the 2 Tello's to use.
I now have a 2nd remote for my M2Z so I might let someone fly take the co-pilot controls.

I thought I saw that the Tello was going on sale on 11/24 on DJI site. Tello Combo for $99
Can someone else confirm.
I doubt it would go that low on DJI's site. They still sell the Tello itself for $99 when you can get it elsewhere for at least $10 cheaper.
I could see $120 though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan