DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do any goggles work with the Mavic mini 4 Pro?

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Without complicated work around? I have found once you use good goggles going back to a phone or tablet is just not fun including the screen that came with the MM4P.

Yes, the Rokid Max AR Headset RM201 works perfect with the RC2 radio. Just get an additional 90° USB-C adapter to protect the radio's USB port from mechanical stress.

Attachments

• IMG_20231014_141502.jpg
    IMG_20231014_141502.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 48
Thanks Gerds. I was I was hoping one of the DJI goggles especially the Avata ones or the DroneMask2 might be able to be used with the MM4P.
I wonder if DJI would update the software to enable google use. The ones you suggested are 500 US that is a lot if you get a DJI software update in the coming weeks. Thanks again for replying.

The Real Air glasses also work really well.
Anything with an HDMI / USB-C video input will work.

Reactions: Cafguy
I have been using these for several years:

White Skyzone SKY04X 5.8G 48CH 1280x960 OLED FPV Goggles with Steadyview Receiver DVR Head Tracker Function​

I always try to buy drones with HDMI out on controller. With Mavic Mini 3 PRO , Mavic 3, Inspire, Matrice and Yuneec. I use RC Pro for Mavic Mini and M3

Reactions: John Gowland
Thanks Gerds. I was I was hoping one of the DJI goggles especially the Avata ones or the DroneMask2 might be able to be used with the MM4P.
I wonder if DJI would update the software to enable google use. The ones you suggested are 500 US that is a lot if you get a DJI software update in the coming weeks. Thanks again for replying.
The DJI Goggles 2 or Integra goggles don't support Ocusync 4 and I guess you would then also need the Motion controller for steering as with Mini 3 Pro. There are also rumors around for new DJI goggles in not too far future.
In contrast to the various DJI goggles in same price range the Rokid goggles can also be used with smart phone or tablet for watching videos or even as a PC monitor and they are even less bulky and heavy.

Reactions: John Gowland
The DJI Goggles 2 or Integra goggles don't support Ocusync 4 and I guess you would then also need the Motion controller for steering as with Mini 3 Pro. There are also rumors around for new DJI goggles in not too far future.
In contrast to the various DJI goggles in same price range the Rokid goggles can also be used with smart phone or tablet for watching videos or even as a PC monitor and they are even less bulky and heavy.
Actually the Goggles 2 are now supported by the Air 3, which is O4. That was accomplished with a FW update to the Air 3 itself. So there's no reason we won't see the same update for the Mini 4 Pro.

Y
Actually the Goggles 2 are now supported by the Air 3, which is O4. That was accomplished with a FW update to the Air 3 itself. So there's no reason we won't see the same update for the Mini 4 Pro.
Feel free to rely on DJI's good will for product compatibility. In the past they mostly didn't care about. E.g. think of the DJI FPV which is still not supported by Goggles 2 or the missing compatibility between RC2 radio and older drones than Air 3. Or think of the DJI Goggles V1, which are not compatible to other products than the old DJI Air Unit or Caddx Vista.

There was a post a couple weeks ago… a guy said the old big white DJI goggles will hook up to the mini 4 pro because of the controller hdmi -out
Haven’t tried it yet
Maybe that was me.
In the first approach I used my old white goggles via a USB-to-HDMI converter and it worked.
BUT...
The image was stretched horizonally and I got massive binning effects when flying e.g. over gras or acre. Interestingly this effect did almost go away when using the Mini 4's zoom function.
But finally I decided to give the Rokid Max a try instead of using the old bulky goggles and they are the better solution.

Maybe that was me.
In the first approach I used my old white goggles via a USB-to-HDMI converter and it worked.
BUT...
The image was stretched horizonally and I got massive binning effects when flying e.g. over gras or acre. Interestingly this effect did almost go away when using the Mini 4's zoom function.
But finally I decided to give the Rokid Max a try instead of using the old bulky goggles and they are the better solution.
I think that was you
I’m going to try that this weekend ( I don’t have anymore money to spend right now ….I’m really hoping it will work ok even if I keep the zoom on)
It’s been SO windy here since I bought my 4

Ok I have to do some research
I don’t want to hijack this thread just because I haven’t done my homework

I would like to try goggle flying with my mini 4
Have the old white DJI goggles haven’t broken out in years

I’m pretty nearsighted so I have contacts in all the time and need pretty strong readers for up close
Not sure the best way I can wade into it

Do most people get separate drones that are more dedicated and designed for goggle flying?

Thanks. You think they work ok for people that need reading glasses for up-close stuff
I’m older and need readers when I fly off my controller
Don’t know how it works with headsets

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart