DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do we not need any sort of EMF protection from the RC?

• Total voters

jeremynotlin

Reactions
After a couple of month of extensive Mavic-Video watching and contemplating; my Mavic Pro has finally arrived; bought it just week before going on cruises for the very first time.(Alaska)

Flew the Mavic 3 days on the roll at a park near my house for a total flight time of 55mins. but for some odd reasons I started to feel a bit unwell the first night and more unwell the second and third night..something is just not right, physically and emotionally...I can’t think of anything that is different in terms of the food water and environment..that I consistently thrive with already, only thing new is my newest hobby and pride investment)

Fortunately, I’m all better, for now, did a bit of research, tried bare footing on the grass to release potential unwanted energy that I might have been exposing and absorbed; back to the earth. and have not flown the drone or uses the RC for more than 24 hours, note I also have not taken any sort medication to help with my symptom.

SO, how strong is the radio wave energy that is emitting when we use DJI remote control? DJI RC might be small but it sure came with big packages; once turn on it directly seeking to connect up to 20 satellite and allow us to monitor live HD video from 7km away. that’s Hella POWERFUL. note day one during the software update and calibration in my study..all wifi connection went dead as soon as the RC and Mavic are on..and wifi back to normal when both are turn off.

Do we not need any sort of EMF protection? Had I a feeling it’s stronger than a power on microwave; potentially to be even stronger than x-ray..maybe?(I really don’t know) I hope not..because all of us are most likely holding the RC up close to our face, chest, abdominal, and yes Holy reproductive area..can we be sure that there is nothing being cooked or fried more or less within us?

I’m not trying to scare anyone or bashing DJI in any way, I love the company and community. but years back those cell phone popping popcorn video sort of enlighting on this incidence all of a sudden for me at least.

I just think this would be a great topic and just as important if not more important to all the great reviews, flight technique, drone setting, post editing..etc… safety first right?

Reactions: PROMOLOZO
The output is less than 1 watt FCC and less than half that in lands of the CE.
The frequency is similar to a domestic wifi unit.
It won't do any harm at all especially considering you would be unlikely to use it more than a few minutes anyway.

Reactions: jeremynotlin
I'm trying not to get into this one, no disparage meant against OP BUT I well and truly grew up in 60s and 70s, can't remember much about those years. Cheach and Chong come to mind though.
This should be interesting

The output is less than 1 watt FCC and less than half that in lands of the CE.
The frequency is similar to a domestic wifi unit.
It won't do any harm at all especially considering you would be unlikely to use it more than a few minutes anyway.

I have every intention to practice using the two battery I got every day (I'm really lucky to have an ) ..that's a continuous 20-40 mins of hanging out with the active RC.
I'm seriously thinking about ordering myself a RF-meter just to see...well honestly I know too little in this area..that's why I came here to share my concern and hoping to get some expert opinion.

thanks

I'm trying not to get into this one, no disparage meant against OP BUT I well and truly grew up in 60s and 70s, can't remember much about those years. Cheach and Chong come to mind though.
This should be interesting

LOL!

I drink whisky now and my child producing days are long gone. Aah those were the days though.
You do have a point though, said after a couple of shots.
This world now is full of electronic waves. There is virtually nowhere where you can't at least get a Satellite reception.
Just imagine if someone could invent a receiver that actually showed how many different electronic waves were circling the globe.
Now you've got me going.

3bf154e3dfd67b05954c9b54cd369441.jpeg

Better Call Saul fans will understand

Sorry, could not get pasted this one without writing "something". . .

First off, "walking barefoot in the grass". I'm thinking that must just be "relaxing" and you feel better because of it. (I'll stop there)

It is a fact you can get burns from "microwave towers" as in "communication towers". TV and Radio towers are shut down or reduced TX power before staff climb those towers.

But recall those are connected to a commercial power source, not a small rechargeable battery. Can't say if it affects you or not, now that you are better fly again to see what happens. (Assume you do not have medical implants that could have effects, you would have stated that right?)

Suggest getting some flight time in areas you know before you go on your trip.

Good luck on your trip, have fun and post some clips when you get back!!!

@jeremynotlin, I want to thank you for making a great thread today.

May the road rise to meet you,
may the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and the rains fall soft upon your fields.

The OP may just be sensitive to electronics. I know a person who basically can't go anywhere because cell phones make her sick - she can tell if you have one and whether it's powered on or not.

Maybe you are just getting sick for some other reason. Like the days before you get a cold you feel tired.

Stay away from the flying toy for a few days, then play with it again and see if happens again.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98