DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone know the exact number of grams that trigger payload mode?

Artemis

Reactions
I’ve done a pretty thorough search and although people discuss going Over and getting the warning, I can’t find the number, I think my plans to add 3 lights and a sunshade will put me under 25 grams…. But if that’s going to trigger that mode then I may rethink this

I’ve done a pretty thorough search and although people discuss going Over and getting the warning, I can’t find the number, I think my plans to add 3 lights and a sunshade will put me under 25 grams…. But if that’s going to trigger that mode then I may rethink this
One trick you can do is when the Payload mode gets triggered you can turn it off while you are in the air after its triggered but not before. This allows you to fly in regular mode despite the added weight.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain.

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
One trick you can do is when the Payload mode gets triggered you can turn it off while you are in the air after its triggered but not before. This allows you to fly in regular mode despite the added weight.

Phantomrain.org
that’s cool but I would prefer to stay under if possible, was calculating, sunshade is 4g, was planning on three vifly lights, the are 6.13g each with Velcro…. So that would put me at 22.39g

that’s cool but I would prefer to stay under if possible, was calculating, sunshade is 4g, was planning on three vifly lights, the are 6.13g each with Velcro…. So that would put me at 22.39g
Keep in mind that speed can also trigger payload mode as well as drag, but lights should be fine and not trigger payload mode.

Phantomrain.org

Reactions: Artemis
Less than 46 grams?

I occasionally fly my Mini 2 with DJI’s prop guards when I want to explore slot canyons and pour offs or other situations where bouncing around among natural features might happen. The drone goes into payload mode (PM) at take off - before any horizontal flight - so I’m assuming it’s the mass of the guards rather than the drag they cause that triggers PM. That pair of guards weighs 46 grams.

Howard

Less than 46 grams?

I occasionally fly my Mini 2 with DJI’s prop guards when I want to explore slot canyons and pour offs or other situations where bouncing around among natural features might happen. The drone goes into payload mode (PM) at take off - before any horizontal flight - so I’m assuming it’s the mass of the guards rather than the drag they cause that triggers PM. That pair of guards weighs 46 grams.

Howard
Thankyou, it’s a little interesting as much as this is discussed there are no published numbers or Test, the accessory market is pretty big so you would think this is something everyone would know. I do understand some variables exist… apparently your location above sea level plays a part and current charge of your battery has been reported also. But a generic number sure would be helpful instead of just having to buy and try…. Guess I have a 50/50 shot at 23g being too much

Thankyou, it’s a little interesting as much as this is discussed there are no published numbers or Test, the accessory market is pretty big so you would think this is something everyone would know. I do understand some variables exist… apparently your location above sea level plays a part and current charge of your battery has been reported also. But a generic number sure would be helpful instead of just having to buy and try…. Guess I have a 50/50 shot at 23g being too much
I'm hopeful that given the importance of this information that after Christmas you will do some testing and provide the exact number of grams for the many variables. Some type of spread sheet would be nice.Thumbswayup

Reactions: Artemis
I'm hopeful that given the importance of this information that after Christmas you will do some testing and provide the exact number of grams for the many variables. Some type of spread sheet would be nice.Thumbswayup
I’m just searching for lighter leds at the moment…. i Had always planned on night flying but this particular issue came as a surprise, I was going to get the air2s which already had nav lights but decided to learn on the mini 2 instead., anyway With out it being clear… I guess I’ll just order the vifly 3 pack like I intended and just see if I get the warning.

Interesting that you consider payload mode a issue and want exact weight for this to happen. As you mentioned, there is more than a weight factor in the variables.
I am disappointed that it appears you are not prepared to spend the time and effort for the M2 community to produce this information.

Just noting that you would expect guidelines to be well established on a year old drone considering all the accesories people add, I continue to read and so far it looks like the issue mostly starts to occur in the lower 20s and by the time you reach the upper 20s your definitely in mode switch territory, the only accounts I’ve seen of people experiencing it below 20g were above 6000 ft

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu