DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Maker D.J.I. May Be Sending Data to China, U.S. Officials Say

it is an offtopic, but, the one and only reason for nuclear explosions was to demo to Stalin what will allies do to USSR if red army will continue to push across Europe to concur all other countries left there.
so, lives of those innocent japanese civilians pretty much saved rest west europeans from a fate to be exterminated in the gulag. war with japan at that point was already over.

as of chinese - they will not need drones these days to win a war. it will be enough just to shut down all the routers and cell and radio equipment - as 99% of all components in all cell towers and internet hubs are all made by them. also, quite an obvious thing, as who controls the communication - controls the outcome.

Sorry but I disagree. The war with Japan was far from over.

The Chinese will still need drones to win a war, and software hacking as well.

Im off topic again, but its just important that people realize that DJI is not always doing things in your best interest, or their own.

Reactions: ZooCougar
Makes you wonder what?
If you look at what's in DJI recorded flight data, there's not much I'd worry about them seeing.
Plus .. DJI don't get to see my flight data unless I choose to share it with them.
The story in an uninformed, paranoid beatup.
The claim that DJI drones and software may be sending sensitive information about American infrastructure back to China is laughable.

Read this for a little balance.
DJI Touts Report Saying It Doesn't Spy for China
Agreed, paranoid knee jerk reactions

Not sure I agree that Geico and Progressive dont pay claims, but surely agree about not installing the devices. It sounded too good to be true.

Yea I've literally had Progressive show up on the scene of an accident and cut me a check. Like I said before, they gave me a hefty discount after using the Snap Shot and I sent it back after the trial period. As far as they know, I'm a perfect driver! I'm not sure how any of that can hurt me now since it was four cars and many years ago?

The CJCS is meeting with google today to complain about how google is doing too much to assist the Chinese military.
Seems like the chairman is making a blanket statement about the risks of doing business wiith China. This does nothing but reinforce my point that the Chinese are in it for themselves, their country, and not the United States.

This is a great read, And exactly what I was talking about in my previous posts.

If the generals knee is jerking, so is mine.

Dunford to meet with Google for ‘debate’ on Chinese ties

Gues we live in
Seems like the chairman is making a blanket statement about the risks of doing business wiith China. This does nothing but reinforce my point that the Chinese are in it for themselves, their country, and not the United States.

This is a great read, And exactly what I was talking about in my previous posts.

If the generals knee is jerking, so is mine.

Dunford to meet with Google for ‘debate’ on Chinese ties
a bigger world now... no arguments with these statements, but who wears the white hat is purely a point of view decision. Another country can get the same Google info by hacking their free use or subcategory membership purchase.

I of course side with our government on the issue at point of this discussion, but the web is the web.

Gues we live in

a bigger world now... no arguments with these statements, but who wears the white hat is purely a point of view decision. Another country can get the same Google info by hacking their free use or subcategory membership purchase.

I of course side with our government on the issue at point of this discussion, but the web is the web.
Yes the Web is the Web, and that's a little bit scary for defense providers. The problem so far has been that instead of proactive, the USA has been reactive in responding to foreign cyber threats. The United States army's decision to wipe all its computers clean of DJi software was a reaction after a threat was detected. The general's action is proactive saying that he urges caution in doing what Google is doing in China.

What keeps occurring to me is that China seems to be the major contributor along with North Korea to our cyber vulnerabilities. We do plenty of business with Japan, South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand and India, but we never see them as a nation try to hack into our defense systems or create threats to our economy.

I am doing my best to stay on the topic of how and why DJI insists on collecting data on us. It's not an accident.

The general also points out that any Chinese company has Communist roots. In China, the communists are part of your company whether you like it or not. That's what has the general concerned. And he rightly should be.

I am doing my best to stay on the topic of how and why DJI insists on collecting data on us. It's not an accident.
It seems that you've started with this assumption and let things run away from there.
What data are you convinced that DJI is collecting from you?
How is DJI getting this from you?
What use is that data to anyone?

Post #31 sums up the actual situation pretty well.

Last edited:
It seems that you've started with this assumption and let things run away from there.

Post #31 sums up the actual situation pretty well.
Seems like you've stated an assumption as well. I stuck to the facts, cited news articles, and shown proof of DJIs intent to access unauthorized data from the US Army. Whether or not the issue has been "corrected" , which is what most of post 31 is referring to, is irrelevant. The spyware was there without permission and it caused an immediate response by the Army.

Are you 100% sure your app is safe? Have you completely tested it?

Oh, forgot to mention the DJI Assistant 2 security issue on Windows 10. What's your take on that one?

Seems like you've stated an assumption as well.
I've started with a good understanding of what's on my flying tablet and how little access DJI has to it.
I'll make an effort to answer your questions after you answer mine.

And I'll remind you .. Post #31 sums up the actual situation pretty well.

Not for EU citizens. GDPR.

US not so much so. What could possibly go wrong with uploading all of your flights and GPS coordinates and photography/videos?

Reactions: Former Member
Not for EU citizens. GDPR.
US not so much so. What could possibly go wrong with uploading all of your flights and GPS coordinates and photography/videos?
Photos? Videos ?
You don't upload those to DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S