DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavicao

Reactions
I'm travelling there next month and I started looking at regulations in September. I looked here mostly:

Drone Laws By Country – UAV Systems International

But some of the email addresses are outdated so I had to gather some from other sources.

The countries will be Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Malasya. I thought it would be easy at least to get an answer, but only the Thai answered, saying that my request would be forwarded, I've received no answer since September. The other three didn't even respond.

What's everyone's experience with this, at this point I'm almost giving up either getting the authorization or taking my Mavic there at all (which would be a shame since I bought it in part for the trip).

If anyone has updated email addresses or form to fill it'd be great if you could share. Also, as I've been reading in other threads, bribing may be an option, but I'd hate to rely on a willing officer to be able to keep my drone.

Cheers!

Vietnam has no issues as long as you stay away from airports. There are some NFZs for no reason... but deal with it.

I have been flying in Nha Trang with no issues.

New regulations in Thailand. Personnally i wouldn't dare to fly in this country without adhering fully to the law.
Respect the country and stick to regulations in force even if i saw some local guys flying without proper authorization. Well, is it worth to risk a fine/imprisonement for a drone flight?
Refrain from breaking the law (in every country)

New update for Vietnam... if you fly into Danang or Nha Trang, your drones will be confiscated. I did not have any issues in HCMC in August, however I am sure more airports will be confiscating in the future.

What happens when they’re confiscated? Can you send it home?
Customs holds on to them until you are ready to leave the country. Not to bad if you depart from the same airport in which it was confiscated, however it is a problem if you planned on departing from a different airport such as Hanoi. Still trying to sort out who to contact for the license requirements... but haven't found a proper email or phone number to contact that actually responds or picks up the phone..... more to follow when I figure it out

Customs holds on to them until you are ready to leave the country. Not to bad if you depart from the same airport in which it was confiscated, however it is a problem if you planned on departing from a different airport such as Hanoi. Still trying to sort out who to contact for the license requirements... but haven't found a proper email or phone number to contact that actually responds or picks up the phone..... more to follow when I figure it out

Thanks for the help. What’d be better, taking it on carry on luggage or checked in?

Because of the lithium batteries... it is required to be hand carried. However if you carry the batteries for hand carry and pack your drone for checked luggage, both will be x-rayed upon arrival. Customs will know what it is and then question you about it.

Why the issues with Da Nang and Nha Trang in particular?

Are they just bigger airports?

Because of the lithium batteries... it is required to be hand carried. However if you carry the batteries for hand carry and pack your drone for checked luggage, both will be x-rayed upon arrival. Customs will know what it is and then question you about it.

But do they X-ray the bags after leaving the plane and entering the country? IIRC I was in Thailand last year, without a drone, and there was no security check. Don't know about Vietnam, though.

I'm leaving my country tomorrow destination Thailand, and just hear about the registration etc.. What will happened if you don't register your drone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54