DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emergency Reponder Vision Correction While Piloting Drone

• Thread starter Deleted member 118615
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 118615

Hi. I am a fairly new Pilot with FAA 107 license who works with a Fire & Rescue organization. I need corrective lenses for both distance and reading and trying to figure out the most efficient eye-wear to utilize when piloting the drone during the course of our future drone responses to incidents. I had a similar need for Medical Response (need to balance nearsightedness with readers to see monitor output as well as BSI precautions) and settled on bi-focal safety glasses; however, this is not a good option when operating on a sunny day (rare here in Oregon but not unheard of). The nature of the drone incidents will vary from locating patients in a water rescue as a passanger on a jet ski to taking aerial views of motor vehicle accidents, structure fires, and anything else that may come our way. Though most solutions I foresee as uni-sex, I would like the option to custom size as I am female and find many of the unisex options too large.

Currently just getting used to flying with a Mavic Pro; hopefully our mission drone will be here later this year.

Thanks to all in advance for your input.

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi. I am a fairly new Pilot with FAA 107 license who works with a Fire & Rescue organization. I need corrective lenses for both distance and reading and trying to figure out the most efficient eye-wear to utilize when piloting the drone during the course of our future drone responses to incidents. I had a similar need for Medical Response (need to balance nearsightedness with readers to see monitor output as well as BSI precautions) and settled on bi-focal safety glasses; however, this is not a good option when operating on a sunny day (rare here in Oregon but not unheard of). The nature of the drone incidents will vary from locating patients in a water rescue as a passanger on a jet ski to taking aerial views of motor vehicle accidents, structure fires, and anything else that may come our way. Though most solutions I foresee as uni-sex, I would like the option to custom size as I am female and find many of the unisex options too large.

Currently just getting used to flying with a Mavic Pro; hopefully our mission drone will be here later this year.

A warm hearted welcome to the forum. Thank you for a very intelligent, evocative question.

As a true 1st responder, I only offer you my respect & praise. FAA 107 is basically a "CYA" certification, if you are involved making money. The 107 is not a cheap exam ($100+), nor is liability insurance. Public servants have no worry about liability.....but you do your job to effect change.

There is no clearcut ruleset for state/municipality UAV regs.

My totally unqualified suggestion is to CYA, within rational limits. My LEO friends (Chief and up) are constantly 2nd guessed....their advice is to always follow the book.

"What book?"

"Dunno....don't worry, there will be a book"

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Are you looking for a set of prescription glasses for drone flying

Reactions: Gorm

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan