DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emergency Stop Mode??

silverdragon

Reactions
What does (Breakdown) mean when it come to choosing == Push Sticks to Inner/Outer Corners (Always)==Push Sticks to Inner/Outer Corners (Breakdown) ????

Reactions: informer
That shuts the motors off and if your in the air it drops.
Then you have breakdown. Broke up or whatever.
All I know. :)

Reactions: Thomas B
What does (Breakdown) mean when it come to choosing == Push Sticks to Inner/Outer Corners (Always)==Push Sticks to Inner/Outer Corners (Breakdown) ????
Don’t choose always unless you really know what you are doing. It means a CSC (control stick cut off) stick maneuver will cause the motors to stop mid air and cause the drone to drop like a rock. “In case of Emergency Only” will only cut the motors if a CSC maneuver is performed during some type of emergency determined by the IMU such as a motor blockage.

Reactions: Elude
i am not sure mavic 2 ever kills motors while in the air, at all. it is supposed to work if it is belly up and spins crazy, but while loitering think somebody posted that 2 sticks inward are ignored. i never bothered to test. :)

i am not sure mavic 2 ever kills motors while in the air, at all. it is supposed to work if it is belly up and spins crazy, but while loitering think somebody posted that 2 sticks inward are ignored. i never bothered to test. :)
Inward and down and don’t try it.

Ok great, I just happened to go through all the Settings and it was set to "Always" so setting it to "Breakdown" would be feasible?

Didn’t know you could override a CSC. Learn something new
everyday . Thumbswayup

If you are looking for an emergency stop mode, it is the pause button on your RC. It stops movement and cancels stick inputs for a couple seconds.

Your saying the "Pause Button" is the cure all method? I'm trying to understand what does the pause button have to with The "Emergency Stop Mode" function

Your saying the "Pause Button" is the cure all method? I'm trying to understand what does the pause button have to with The "Emergency Stop Mode" function
I am saying that the pause button is the fastest way to stop your Mavic and has nothing to do with the emergency stop mode function. Risking confusion, I only mentioned it because of your thread title. I thought you were looking for a way to quickly stop your Mavic without crashing and the mode that has been discussed will stop the motors and make it fall out of the sky.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
I apologize to all if my title confused anyone. All I wanted to no what is the difference between "Always" and "Breakdown" and what is a feasible setting in the (EMERGENCY STOP MODE).

Reactions: Lbesing
I’m intrigued as to why anyone would use this, effectively self destruct feature?

I tend to wonder if anyone in the forum has used the CSC for what ever their reason was. I sure would like to know.

I tend to wonder if anyone in the forum has used the CSC for what ever their reason was. I sure would like to know.

The most effective reason is if your drone is out of control and heading towards a group of people , airplane, helicopter or highway SHUT DOWN !
This will sacrifice your craft to save the world.

We have seen a few people on the forum who have accidentally used that feature while panicking crashing there drone by accident.

If your high enough you can possibly restart the drone before it hits the ground,
Once you have the Ohhhhhhh Noooo moment when you lost control of your drone , you might get a better idea of why that function is there.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavin in and out of the storm
Maker of the Lunar Launch Pad.

The most effective reason is if your drone is out of control and heading towards a group of people , airplane, helicopter or highway SHUT DOWN !
This will sacrifice your craft to save the world.
If your drone is heading for a group of people etc and you had enough control to be able to CSC you have enough control to steer or climb away.
CSC is much more useful for stopping the props from spinning after a crash.

Reactions: TTP and Johnmcl7
If your drone is heading for a group of people etc and you had enough control to be able to CSC you have enough control to steer or climb away.
CSC is much more useful for stopping the props from spinning after a crash.
Really?
So the aircraft is heading towards a group of people/children or busy road because:

There was a compass error and the aircraft was going through TBE? ( most people on here wouldn't have a clue or the skills to counter it).

If your aircraft had thrown a prop and was spinning out of control?

If the IMU had failed and stabilization was compromised?

If the aircraft entered Atti under Gusty conditions and the pilot was inexperienced in controlling a non GPS stabilized aircraft?

And so on........

Last edited:
That's incorrect, all you need is the RC link, which as you know has nothing to do with the navigation going bonkers and resulting in an uncontrollable craft.

There was a compass error and the aircraft was going through TBE? ( most people on here wouldn't have a clue or the skills to counter it).
If your aircraft had thrown a prop and was spinning out of control?
If the IMU had failed and stabilization was compromised?
If the aircraft entered Atti under Gusty conditions and the pilot was inexperienced in controlling a non GPS stabilized aircraft?
All nice hypothetical scenarios which happen how often?
And last for how long?
In over five years on these forums, I've heard the suggestion many times but never seen a report of anyone using CSC to stop one of those situations.
A compass error doesn't cause the drone to hurtle away, out of control.
Hands off and it hovers there doing slow, lazy spirals.
Thrown a prop? .. That drone is already on its way down toward the ground. CSC isn't going to do much to help.
IMU issues? I had that once myself. The drone could climb or descend - just not fly straight.
There was no need to CSC to get it to the ground quickly.
Unexpected Atti mode? That could happen (rarely) but hands off and the drone slows and you've always got the ability to climb or descend.

Unexpected emergencies are rare and usually don't last very long.
The flyer initially uses their time trying to sort out the problem and by the time they work out there is no other way but to pull the CSC pin, its too late anyway. The drone is already on the ground or a wall or a tree.

The emergency CSC to prevent a catastrophic tragedy is an exciting hypothetical but rarely (if ever) happens.
all you need is the RC link, which as you know has nothing to do with the navigation going bonkers and resulting in an uncontrollable craft.
Sorry, I'm not following.
If you have the RC connection, you can steer or climb away from trouble.
If you have lost connection, you can't CSC anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnmcl7
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo