DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

incho

Reactions
Hello, i got my Mavic pro almost half a year! But last flights i always get some errors. I'm running latest update, i did compass calibration, IMU calibration!
Did not have any crash before!
I'm flying in open area 200-500m from me with good signal, good satellite no metal interference and then got those errors -

Weak GPS signal
Compass error, exit P-GPS mode
IMU encounters heading exception

It turns to ATTI mode, sometimes drone fly's away without control, all i can do press return to home! Or wait until i get back my signal back!
I'm scared of flying now.
It happens every flight now, in different places!
Does anybody can help what to do?

Attachments

• IMG_4034.png
    IMG_4034.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
You might also try, refresh firmware if you have access to DJI assistant 2. And if that doesn't work, you might try down grading to the previous version of firmware. That is after you attempt IMO and compass calibrations.

BTW, if you are in ATTI mode, I don't think you want to hit RTH (drone has no GPS or Compass thus can't return to the preset RTH point).

Paul Caldwell

You might also try, refresh firmware if you have access to DJI assistant 2. And if that doesn't work, you might try down grading to the previous version of firmware. That is after you attempt IMO and compass calibrations.

BTW, if you are in ATTI mode, I don't think you want to hit RTH (drone has no GPS or Compass thus can't return to the preset RTH point).

Paul Caldwell

I will try refresh my firmware!
You know, i'm not that experienced pilot, when you get those all errors and don't see your drone, i get sweat palms and start to panic!
Sometimes drone flies away and your controls are not working, until i get back gps signal!

Reactions: e4rthdog
I'm going through this right now guys.
All of these symptoms and I've also tried moving it to other places, calibrating the compass amd IMU again

....I'm a little stressed about it because it's brand new so when I informed the seller they advised me to send it back to them as soon as so they can take a look at it.

It's being sent today but I really don't want this to be a case of user error. I've been so strict with my flight checklist before I took it up in the air but yet regardless of what I do, I always receive GPS errors.

Has anyone experienced this where it WASNT a case of user error?

Did anyone ever answer this? I crashed my 1st Mavic, flying sideways and filming in front. Never had compass errors in flight. My new mavic gives me "Compass error move aircraft", almost every time I fly. the message only lasts a few seconds and then all is well. I have been keeping it very close as i am a nervous wreck it will fly away. I check the Kp #, am in open fields and calibrate the compass before each flight.... any other suggestions???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1