DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Excessive Video Latency with Huawei Mate 9

applehusky

Reactions
Hey all!
Brand new Mavic Pro owner here. So far, so good.
My only question is what I should be expecting as far as video latency goes.
I have a Huawei Mate 9 with the latest DJI Go 4 app installed, Latest android version, latest mavic firmware etc... and my video delay is hovering right around 400ms. (used the timer picture method) This is the first camera equipped drone I've had, but it seems a bit slower than I was expecting. Is there anything I can do to improve this? Would be nice to have a little more control when flying by the video stream.

Reactions: EsiMavic
Hey all!
Brand new Mavic Pro owner here. So far, so good.
My only question is what I should be expecting as far as video latency goes.
I have a Huawei Mate 9 with the latest DJI Go 4 app installed, Latest android version, latest mavic firmware etc... and my video delay is hovering right around 400ms. (used the timer picture method) This is the first camera equipped drone I've had, but it seems a bit slower than I was expecting. Is there anything I can do to improve this? Would be nice to have a little more control when flying by the video stream.
That is extremely, extremely slow. Shut down everything you can, get a program like greenify to hibernate everything else, enable USB debugging and developer mode and fly in airplane mode.

Well it's good to hear that that's not as good as it gets. I've been playing around with airplane mode and turning off background processes but nothing has had any effect thus far.

Well it's good to hear that that's not as good as it gets. I've been playing around with airplane mode and turning off background processes but nothing has had any effect thus far.
USB debugging and developer mode are key.

Reactions: Former Member
I'll have to try that then. Could've sworn I tried it and didn't notice anything but I could be wrong.

Just tried with all background processes terminated, developer mode, USB debug enabled, allowed adb debugging in charge only mode, airplane mode turned on.
Still ~400 ms. Very peculiar...

Just tried with all background processes terminated, developer mode, USB debug enabled, allowed adb debugging in charge only mode, airplane mode turned on.
Still ~400 ms. Very peculiar...
Hmm.. I will explore other options, I know there are a couple people here with that device, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software, also try reformatting the micro sd card in the mavic. I will keep you posted when I discover anything.

Just tried with my co-workers old iPhone. Cut the latency in half at ~200ms.
There's definitely something up with my phone. I'm going to try the second USB port on the controller next.

There's definitely something up with my phone. I'm going to try the second USB port on the controller next.
Make sure that you unplug the side USB when using the bottom.

200 is still kind slow, I run a Nvidia Shield and probably only have 120 ms. Check the bandwidth settings for video transmission in the DJI GO4 app on your device.

Just tried with the second USB port on the controller and no difference. Still ~400 ms. Guess it's time to start shopping for a dedicated device.

No

The mate 9 is a high end device with high end specs

I think you need to figure this out before spending hundreds on an apple device
Lol if you have any ideas, I'm all ears. I'd rather spend that money on batteries and such but I can't seem to nail down why it's acting like this.

I had hoped to give some numbers before the update but I was forced to update DJI Go before I could make a test. So far I never had an issue with the delay but I also haven't flown since this recent update. And now it is about 390ms.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada