DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experience working with drone base.

Krvelasco

Reactions
I've recently started picking up a few jobs from drone base, the payout is relatively low the jobs are not very complicated. I was just curious if anyone else out there had experience with drone base and how they felt about working with them. Thank you.
www.aerialconceptsandimaging.com

Krvelasco, I have been using drone base for over a year now and have made just over 2k so far. As far as a company to shoot for Drone Base is not one I would choose to rely on. They are extremely unorganized and often times the customer wants something completely different than what Drone Base asked of you. It's not until you submit your shots and the customer has a chance to look at it, then Drone Base comes back and asks you to re shoot with different list. It's not like they pay you for each time you shoot. They are funny about cloud coverage too. they pressure you to shoot even though the cloud coverage remains unacceptable to shoot in their eyes. And super inconstant! An example of their randomness.... I've been waiting for the weather to clear here in Miami for 3 days, it finally did and I was able to shoot all 4 jobs. All with about 40% cloud coverage, acceptable according to their 50% cloud rule. 3 of the 4 jobs I was paid out on. The one that wasn't was because of cloud coverage more than 50%. All 4 shots were all in same Miami area all within hours of each other. So basically if you want to shoot some somewhat easy jobs with no editing, go for it! Just don't expect the money, you may have to re shoot multiple times which then the money isnt that easy. Good luck and safe flying!

Reactions: Krvelasco
I've had exactly one job with them, and I'll echo what ciandebo above, said. Kind of disorganized and the info in the "instructions" they gave me was woefully inadequate. On the plus side, when I started asking for clarification on the shoot, they were fast in responding and I finally got the info I needed out of them. It was actually a video shoot for a RE company of a pretty densely populated area of the area where I live, so I liked the challenge. To me, it's a good way to develop skills while defraying some of the costs. I'd love to do more with them, but jobs just don't seem to come by that often.

Thanks for the information. I'm newly licensed & just got signed up with them. I was kind of wondering what I might see come out of it. Sounds like it's worth at least trying a job or 2 but I'll definitely keep these comments in mind.

Thanks for the information. I'm newly licensed & just got signed up with them. I was kind of wondering what I might see come out of it. Sounds like it's worth at least trying a job or 2 but I'll definitely keep these comments in mind.

Not like there are a lot of other options out there :)

Any of you guys still flying DB missions? Was about to take one and they state that you need to fly the mission with their app, is that the case? I ask because Im using a smart controller and the DB app is not available on amazon app store.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugsoft