DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extra color option

kem

Reactions
Hello Guys,

I have found an option - when the camera is in video mode - on the top right corner.
Something like [ ] with discontinuous line.
When it is activated the color on the phone's display looks more colorful. I am shooting in 10 bits Dlog-M.
Does it apply to the recorded video too?
My friend told me that I should not activate this feature, because it grades the color and makes the post processing harder.
Is that true?

Br,
Istvan

That rainbow color button on the screen just allows you to see better while flying with more colors on your phone or tablet screen. This does not change the recorded Dlog footage to the drones memory.

Reactions: RogerMav and kem
kem: To be slightly more specific, that option allows you to have a 1080p display on your mobile device instead of the default 720. But, as Evn said, the option only affects the display, not the recorded material, and has nothing to do with 10-bit or DLog M. You need a solid signal between the RC and the aircraft to use this because of the higher data rate. I use it exclusively.

Unfortunately, your friend is incorrect.

It just changes the live display to be "graded" so that you have a better idea of what the result could be after grading. The footage is of course still recorded in D-Log.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190