DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FAA Registration to be required again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea and that's what all the gun control people are always talking about. They claim it's how crazy people get guns. Isn't it how you circumvent the back ground checks? In stead of buying your guns at Cabela's, you buy them from some dude on Craigslist? I don't mind getting gun permits and registering my guns. It seems like a good way to keep track of them to me.

Haha, what a fudd comment.

FUDD
The slang term for gun owners of what could be called limited tastes. They are thought of as being casual gun owners and nut true supporters of the Second Amendment. These are the guys that Diane Feinstein is talking about when she talks about acceptable gun ownership.

Two characteristics normally identify a FUDD.

#1: Very limited range of shooting interests. A FUDD could have just 1 gun, or more than 153 guns, but all those guns fall within a very limited range of interests. The interest that defines a FUDD is "sporting purposes". All their 12 ga wood and blued steel shotguns, bolt action rifles, 44 magnum revolvers, and 9mm pistols only have one purpose: sport. These guns are either for hunting, or they are for marksmanship and trap competitions. Nothing they have is supposed to take the role of a dedicated defense gun, or a daily carry gun. They wouldn't be caught deadwith anything black polymer, tactical, or concealable. If you ask them why they own guns, the typical answer is for hunting or for sport. If you ask them about personal defense, expect either half-assed answer about a shotgunloaded with birdshot, or just calling the Police.

Last edited:
Reactions: DroningOn
Haha, what a fudd comment. How does permits or some anti gun reg stop anything? It doesn't. Dont be a fool.

FUDD
The slang term for gun owners of what could be called limited tastes. They are thought of as being casual gun owners and nut true supporters of the Second Amendment. These are the guys that Diane Feinstein is talking about when she talks about acceptable gun ownership.

#1: Very limited range of shooting interests. A FUDD could have just 1 gun, or more than 153 guns, but all those guns fall within a very limited range of interests. The interest that defines a FUDD is "sporting purposes". All their 12 ga wood and blued steel shotguns, bolt action rifles, 44 magnum revolvers, and 9mm pistols only have one purpose: sport. These guns are either for hunting, or they are for marksmanship and trap competitions. Nothing they have is supposed to take the role of a dedicated defense gun, or a daily carry gun. They wouldn't be caught deadwith anything black polymer, tactical, or concealable. If you ask them why they own guns, the typical answer is for hunting or for sport. If you ask them about personal defense, expect either half-assed answer about a shotgunloaded with birdshot, or just calling the Police.

Please take this discussion somewhere else.

Reactions: brichter
Please take this discussion somewhere else.

Its the same with drones, why does the gov need to know? What will it prevent? Not a *** thing because stupid people do stupid stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DroningOn
Not even going to respond to you..... if anyone gives a rip, they can go back and see I didn’t imply you lied about anything. I’m out. If you have anything else you want to say to me, take it to PM.

I made a statement that I registered my guns and you questioned it like it was impossible, "where do you live that you have to register your guns?" A. You asked me for personal info: got into my business B. You questioned me like what I said was improbable.

Its the same with drones, why does the gov need to know? What will it prevent? Not a dam thing because stupid people do stupid stuff.

Without wanting to get into your gun discussion - no - the logical extension of your argument is the blanket fallacy "there is no point having laws because criminals ignore them". I'm pretty certain, or at least I hope, that you would not try to argue that position. Why does the government need to know about anything? In general for taxation or accountability purposes, both legitimate and expected.

Reactions: BigAl07
Haha, what a fudd comment.

FUDD

Be very, very quiet I've shot two home Invaders in my life and served in the military for 20 years. Did 2 1\2 combat tours (injured during 3rd) so I've shot more than game and have been shot. I did however use a 12ga to shoot the first invader, 00 buck shot tore a good portion of his leg off and painted it on my kitchen cupboards. 2nd was with a Sig 226, non lethal shot, also in the leg to incapacitate. Minimum cleanup required. I used to have two Chinese AKs but they were modified and illegal, so I got rid of them before I got into trouble. You know, Elmer Fudd isn't all that bad really. At least I'm not Yosemite Sam!

Reactions: BigAl07
Without wanting to get into your gun discussion - no - the logical extension of your argument is the blanket fallacy "there is no point having laws because criminals ignore them". I'm pretty certain, or at least I hope, that you would not try to argue that position. Why does the government need to know about anything? In general for taxation or accountability purposes, both legitimate and expected.

Wait... I think we agree on something! I honestly don't see what the big deal is.

No I'm just surprised when I can agree with anyone on the internet!!! Hahaha!

Oh - fair enough. But there seem to be only two basic schools of thought on registration, training and certification for sUAS, so there is no shortage of people supporting any particular position on this.

Be very, very quiet I've shot two home Invaders in my life and served in the military for 20 years. Did 2 1\2 combat tours (injured during 3rd) so I've shot more than game and have been shot. I did however use a 12ga to shoot the first invader, 00 buck shot tore a good portion of his leg off and painted it on my kitchen cupboards. 2nd was with a Sig 226, non lethal shot, also in the leg to incapacitate. Minimum cleanup required. I used to have two Chinese AKs but they were modified and illegal, so I got rid of them before I got into trouble. You know, Elmer Fudd isn't all that bad really. At least I'm not Yosemite Sam!
Holy crap dude! You live in a rough neighborhood!

Yes but doesn't the "slippery slope" argument get a little old sometimes? I mean, it's constantly used as a clarion call against any laws or regulations. "Today they are regulating ______ but mark my words, they'll be coming for your ______ next!"

I didnt make a "slippery slope" argument. I made a thin edge of the wedge metaphor. If you prefer, we could use the camels nose in the tent. I am afraid that once the government sticks its nose into the hobbyist tent, the rest of the beast will surely follow.

Camel-Nose-Under-Tent-ROH.jpg

Morning boys you here for registration?

Oh - fair enough. But there seem to be only two basic schools of thought on registration, training and certification for sUAS, so there is no shortage of people supporting any particular position on this.

Aww no sense of humor today at all... Sigh.

I didnt make a "slippery slope" argument. I made a thin edge of the wedge metaphor. If you prefer, we could use the camels nose in the tent. I am afraid that once the government sticks its nose into the hobbyist tent, the rest of the beast will surely follow.

View attachment 26782

Morning boys you here for registration?

Whew, so there is still some humor to be had!

It's always a catch 22 scenario. You want what you enjoy to be popular but there are drawbacks. When I got my first drone back in the day, no one had even heard of the things and Parrot was the main consumer player. Now they sell them at Wal-Mart. When less than 1% of the population owned automobiles, there was no need for regulations concerning them...

It's like most regs; designed for the masses because a few don't have common sense or courtesy.

Reactions: PT_Mavic
It's about buying a drone, it's a registration to fly. So it won't apply to past flights but it will apply if you want to fly after the registration. You are not registering a drone, you are registering yourself as a person who wants to fly a UAV.
It is absolutely about registering a drone! You have to put its registration number ON THE DRONE, and your AMA Number on it also, since I have one. It is just one more step in making it more difficult to fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31