DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC in CE wifi Question

Scoobychief

Reactions
so i have done the fcc hack and flying my drone in the ce country, the trouble i'm having is when i connect everything up i get 2.4ghz as default and so have to choose custom and then choose a 5.8ghz number and then i can fly in 5.8ghz. but then when i switch off and reconnect the aircraft iit goes back to 2.4ghz as default?. is this correct i just wish it would stay at 5.8ghz?.

Reactions: gianni_BT
So a decision to make.... Lower frequencies penetrate better, like in trees, etc, but higher frequencies provide a relatively denser signal even though they attenuate more quickly.

Reactions: crosswired
So a decision to make.... Lower frequencies penetrate better, like in trees, etc, but higher frequencies provide a relatively denser signal even though they attenuate more quickly.
How far into a tree will you fly??

i understand all about the 2.4ghz being better (apparently when no wifi signals around) and 5.8ghz better in urban areas i get all that but noone has answered the question yet?.

not sure about 5.8GHz being better, recently ran Inssider on my laptop at home and found out that theres more 5.8GHz network around than 2,4GHz :) weird, isn't it?
In regard to your question, I'd say that FCC mode uses by default 2.4GHZ due to transmitters higher power in this band so as a reason of that, changes it back

so i have done the fcc hack and flying my drone in the ce country, the trouble i'm having is when i connect everything up i get 2.4ghz as default and so have to choose custom and then choose a 5.8ghz number and then i can fly in 5.8ghz. but then when i switch off and reconnect the aircraft iit goes back to 2.4ghz as default?. is this correct i just wish it would stay at 5.8ghz?.
In CE mode, if you keep the frequency selection in AUTO,the switching between 2.4 an d 5.8 and between channels in each band is automatic: the model selects the best frequency and channel available in the zone you are fliing. I never tried FCC mode(that is illegal in Italy) but, for what I see in youtube videos, it should be the same: the only thing is changing is the number of channels that are less in FCC mode.

Mine is on auto and always sticks to 5.8ghz even in the middle of nowhere (UK) which means i'm always stuck with approx 500mtrs of range. It does ensure VLOS tho which is a positive :)
I tried using 2.4ghz but the drone behaved erratically and made me a little nervous flying tbh.
I've not tried the FCC "hacks".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan